Monday, August 24, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane!

Manatees at Blue Spring State Park, Orange City, FL



Precious Ones,

This week marks the 10th Anniversary of my family’s ministry in Florida.
Some of you know that my husband is an associate pastor at a large church in Central Florida. God brought us here via a 2 year assignment in Texas, but our “home” is
the Seattle area where our children were born and where we lived for 18 years.

All of a sudden I’m feeling my age! HA.

So as I reflect on 10 years of life in Florida,
I am humbled by God’s Great Love for us.
The last decade has been jam-packed
with transitions for my family.
Arriving just ahead of Hurricane Floyd in August of 1999,
we zipped through the Y2K scare only to experience
the uncertainty of 9/11 and several anthrax scares in our area.
My children grew and left the nest (*sob*), we endured 3 hurricanes in a row in 2004, there were graduations, serious surgeries, a wedding and a funeral.

Living in Florida means: lightning strikes, manatees, sink holes, hurricanes, sunshine, family, marble window sills, sand, surf and PURPOSE.
As I direct a Pregnancy Care Center, and my husband serves the Body of Christ,
we see God bring hope and peace to people everyday.
He is so Faithful!

~~~~~

I deliberated for months about how I would like to commemorate this anniversary, yet none of my ideas seemed to “fit.” I really enjoy a good party with ALL of the trappings but couldn’t decide on a location or venue. Even a get-away at the beach with family didn’t materialize. Isn’t it just like God to have other plans???

Well, we are headed back to our beloved Bainbridge Island in Washington State for a whirlwind visit to celebrate the beautiful life of my precious friend and mentor, Janet.
It’s been 8 years since we last visited the Pacific Northwest, and high time we set foot on the other coast. The Pacific Ocean is so rugged and different than the Atlantic!
How blessed I am to have enjoyed both.

So please pray for us as we make this bitter-sweet trip down memory lane.
Time to HUG all those dear West Coast friends again
and celebrate God’s Goodness!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, mom. I will be praying for your trip, both for safety and for God's provision as you head westward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to believe that it has been 10 years and at the same time it seems like longer in some ways!! I praise God for the way you both have ministered in church and in the community! So many lives have been touched, and you two are such a blessing to those who know you!

    Praying for safety and a wonderful time for you!!
    Just relax and enjoy the fellowship and love that awaits!!

    Love this photo of the manatee too!!

    Love ya,
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many people talk about how beautiful Washington is. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.