I was feeling pretty broken this morning...difficulties had mounted and my health was threatening again, so I went visiting in Blogland. I was sensing the need to establish new routines and be intentional about experiencing JOY.
Any of you feeling the same way?
Well, my friend Kay over at Nana's Nuggets had a nugget to share about coping with brokenness.
She mentioned that yesterday her morning coffee just didn't taste right. Now, she must be a true coffee girl because she made several cups over several hours, but they all tasted yucky. She blamed it on a new brand of brew she had purchased but even her usual brand tasted bad. Finally, it dawned on her that her creamer had spoiled and was causing the awful taste!
How often do we keep trying to do the same thing...expecting different results?
I don't know about you, but when I struggle with an unexpected trial, and seek GOD for His help, I can be disappointed with His answer. So often HE allows me to wade through the difficulty, ultimately meeting me at the other end. Picking me up and dusting me off. So Cheri Keaggy's words in her song "Restored"
ring so true~
"I’ve been living against the grindstone, where nothing is sure but the Lord
For He gives us the treasures of darkness, where faith’s greatest riches are stored
And in ways that are quite unexpected, I have learned a most humbling truth
That a faith that has never been tested is just growth that is long overdue.
So, I’m practicing joy, choosing it daily, putting it on like a favorite cologne
And when life breaks me down, it won’t even faze me -
Some call me crazy, but I’m just in love with the Lord
For He has been faithful enough just to fill me
And take me to heights I have never explored
If I’m never broken, how can I be restored?"
(Because He First Loved Us CD, released in 2007)
Friday, April 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Excellent words Jess! Joy is a beautiful thing!
ReplyDeleteOh, Jess...I have never heard that song. The words are awesome. I pray for you and all of us breaking & broken people that our joy may be full, our faith built, our growth steady, our spirits strong as we find our fulfillment and purpose in Jesus.
ReplyDeleteI think many of us are learning firsthand that "the thief comes ONLY to steal and kill and destroy" (John 10:10).
Choose life, my friend! Abundant Life in Jesus--this hour. And the next. And the next,.
Thank you. We can be confident in the Lord's love and care, even when we can not see the next step!
ReplyDeleteHi! Jess! Thankful that God's word spoke even among all my babbling!! As My sister said yesterday coming back from her surgery~ "I can't even walk, without Him Holding my Hand! Hope this finds you feeling better! Have a great wk-end! Go buy yourself some flowers!! Grasp~ the Beauty:)
ReplyDeleteHow easy it is to keep doing the same things over and over again and again and ...actually expect different results?
ReplyDeleteI love how you went visiting in Blogland when you were feeling a bit low. I often do that too and always seem to find friendship and words of encouragement.
Blessings and love,
Debbie
Hi Jess, Thank you for being vunerable today and sharing how you are feeling. Girl, when I first moved to Colorado leaving all my dear friends in Ca. I struggled with how do I develop friendships at this stage of life. After three years here I am finally truly feeling settled and part of it came through blogland and the bonds of friendship I've made with you all. Hugs to you, abundant grace and blessings. With love, Noreen
ReplyDeleteGirl I know exactly what you are talking about. Have so much to be thankful fir but yet feel downhearted and depressed a lot lately. Could it be a sign of the times? Glad we all gave each other to pray with. Blogland is a blessing! Hugs, Tara
ReplyDeleteBless your precious heart; I'm so sorry for the struggle. It's one I've known, at least as it pertains to new seasons and moving ones. I'll be tucking your need close to my heart as you move through these days of transition. Keep walking it through sister. This is faith, indeed... walking it through, knowing the truth, and believing that better days are ahead.
ReplyDeletepeace~elaine
Morning Jessica,
ReplyDeleteDon't think I have ever heard that song, but what great words it contains. Sure hope you are feeling some better by now hon. You are so right,
we have to purposefully try our best to choose joy in our circumstances, and the best way I have found to do that is counting my blessings, the tiniest of the tiny to the biggest of the biggest.
We never will feel like it when we are experiencing the pit of darkness but He never said we had to feel like it.....just do it!!
Sheer obedience to His word! The great thing is
God really knows what He is talking about........cause when we do it....miraculous things happen within our spirit.
Hang in there hon, better days are ahead!!
And it came to pass...........
Love and Blessings, Nellie
Oh, so very true, sweet friend....I also have been struggling with unexpected trials (aren't they ALL unexpected, since I never wished them to be?!)...Anyhow, your post really ministered to me today as I am learning to trust the Lord in ALL things and to REJOICE in ALL things. (Hmmm...this word ALL keeps coming up!)... I am learning that I must CHOOSE Joy....and I've been looking up scripture verses with the word JOY in them...to get a better handle on what this all means. "The Joy of the Lord is my strength." "Count it all Joy when you fall into various trials." Praying for you, precious sister. Loving your new photos too! Blessings to you-----Michelle
ReplyDeleteJess it was so refreshing to meet your on Saturday at "Legacy". Welcome to Southeast Georgia. I know that you will grow to love it here. I extend the hand of friendship to you and hope that we can meet again soon and start a friendship. May God Bless you with a happy day! Were you able to see the moon at twilight last night. It was amazing over the marsh!
ReplyDeleteBear Hugs,
Carol :O}
It seems many of us are in transitions right now. Our "Jonah" study by P. Shirers says they are "divine interventions" when we focus on Him. Otherwise, we tend to look at them as just "interruptions." Let's keep encouraging each other to wade through!
ReplyDeleteGreat study BTW! Hugs to you.
Look at all these beautiful words of encouragement from so many friends! I'm missing you lately...where are you? Praying for your joy to be complete in Him! Love you!
ReplyDelete