Friday, December 24, 2010

As a year ends, so does a ministry...

Transitions!
I'm usually up for them.  I mean, new places, new faces, new experiences!
But as 2010 ends, I'm feeling tired and old.
Oh, it probably has a lot to do with the virus I'm fighting (cough, cough) and the fact that my dear Hubby just lost his job.  We've become a statistic in this great recession and didn't see it coming.

I guess the words: shock and hurt best describe the emotions bombarding my heart...
and yet, we KNOW that GOD holds us in the palm of His mighty Hand!

THIS new situation did not surprise Him at all!



And so with grateful hearts we celebrate the greatest birth in all of history...the Incarnation, when GOD became man and dwelt among us.  What HOPE, what GLORY!
And the angels told shepherds in a nearby field not to be afraid but to come and see this miracle...a child was born, a son was given and His name would be Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Hallelujah!

9 comments:

  1. Hi! Jess, just so you will know I will be Praying for you, in the upcoming days! Sorry to hear this news but as I stand and believe "God is already there"! He is still as you said "Holding" you in His "Palm"! Oh! yes! Girl~ hold on! He is already making a way~ Peace and Blessings to you in the coming year and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, Jess! "Fear not..." I remember shock, hurt, and a bit of anger thrown into MY mix. I'm not sure there are words any human being can say adequate for the situation... For this, we need Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your hubby lost his job. What a horrible thing to happen right before Christmas.

    My hubby should be home within 2 weeks. And we received his last paycheck on 12/15. He thankfully has a job to come home to. He's going to be the ROTC trainer at a local college nearby. Half his salary, no benefits, BUT I'm so thankful he'll be close to home and has a job.

    And I love that hymn you mentioned in your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Jess,
    Hi....Hope you guys are having a wonderful time with Katie and her family. Know that delights most any Mothers heart...certainly good timing!!
    Hope to see Katie and the gang tonight at the candlelight service.
    Praying for you guys!
    Love ya, Nellie
    and thanks for your comments!!
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and your husband, Jess. This is the first Christmas that I have not bought gifts because of finances, but Jesus just grows sweeter every year, no matter the circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Again,
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well and we want see ya tonight but surely understand. Hope you are all feeling good tomorrow.
    Hope you will all be better by Sunday.
    Love ya Hon,
    Will praying for your sickness now too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry about your husband's job loss. I understand that all too well. We just refiled unemployment again last week. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know how sorry I am...and how I'm praying...
    we've been through it...twice in 6 years time...and years ago I lost my job after 13 years...it's never easy...but GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jess, I'm so sorry for this sudden turn of events. And while God is not surprised by any of it, we're often left with the shock to contend with, deal with, pray over, and have our faith challenged with! Thankfully we have a "with us" God--Emmanuel. He's got a plan, of that I am certain. Lean into his heart and listen for his whispers. Time will birth your next, and it might even be better than your now. Let me know if there is a specific way I can be praying.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.