Friday, December 31, 2010

10 Favorites of 2010


 Precious Ones,

You are each so dear and I enjoy visiting your blogs and getting to know your hearts.
As the old year ends in less than 3 hours on the East Coast, I felt I should close out the year with a post.
The last few months have been so busy for me and I've not made blogging a priority.
You see, I'll often experience a "wave" of different topics to write about and then when I sit down at the computer, my mind goes completely blank...does this happen to you too?

Well, I thought I would end this year online with my FAV List of 10 in the year 2010.
Here goes:

10) Favorite puppy: Derby Dog. We brought him from Louisville, KY and found him a forever home.

9) Favorite Bling: A sparkly ring that I traded for.

8) Favorite wardrobe color: Black. I've been told it really contrasts with my light hair! LOL

7) Favorite movie: The Young Victoria. Beautifully filmed, an inspiring portrayal of Queen Victoria's courtship with Prince Albert.

6) Favorite road trip: To Louisville in June to help our daughter when she gave birth to our second grandson, Jeremiah Bell.

5) Favorite Doctor: Dr. McCutchen in Orlando gave me a new hip last January.

4) Favorite past time: Skyping with grandson Amos in KY, or with my college roomie who lives in China.  Scrapbooking comes in a close second...I need to do much more of these for a happy heart!

3) Favorite Event: A Celebration Gathering in July, thanking God for founding and sustaining Central Florida Pregnancy Center.

2) Favorite Verse: Isaiah 41:10 ...GOD's promises got me through some hard times this past year.
            "Fear not, for I am with you;
             be not dismayed, for I am your GOD;
             I will strengthen you, I will help you,
             I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
1) Favorite Best Friend: Hubby Tony! He shows his love for me in so many ways. Thank You Babe.

How about you? Please share your favorites of 2010

~ As the new year unfolds, may you know the Peace of Jesus
and the Joy that He brings ~

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, and Happy New Year! May God lead you and Tony on a joyful journey as His plans for you unfold this year!

    I too loved The Young Victoria. I remember blogging about it and your comments!

    Those verses from Isaiah have also been precious to me when walking through deep waters...I joke with Bob about God being "right handed" since he is a lefty!

    I wear a lot of black too...I've always been jealous of the stunning contrast when I see blondes wearing black!

    You HAVE had quite a year...may the new year bring blessings you have never dreamed possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful glimpses into your year and your heart, Jess. May God grant you the desires of your heart and follow you with His promise - goodness and mercy ALL the days of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Jess, just saying God Is So Good! Keep Trusting and Believing, God keeps His Promises, and will never, never, leave us!! Love and Blessings always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much to be thankful for!! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Jessica,
    Hope you are feeling much better by now. We have been praying for you.
    Loved your top 10 list...it was great!!
    I am not real good with picking one fav cause I like so much stuff.
    But my fav friend would be my hubby too!
    and my fav things would be anything white, I love white except for white walls. lol
    My fav place to be is on my backporch but only in spring, and fall, looks pretty bad right now after the freeze, and summer is too hot.
    My fav dog would be Rosie!!
    My fav verse would be "He will keep at perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you". Isaish 26:3
    That has been a very helpful verse to me in recent years.
    That is all the favs I can think of right now!!

    May you have a peaceful, trusting transistion
    into whatever the Lord has for you both, and May you be able to have patience and peace in the waiting times of this New Year!
    We May not know what our future holds...........
    but we do know who holds our future....cling
    to that!! I sure am!! lol
    Love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY NEW YEAR, DEAR FRIENDS! It will be so great to see how God leads us all in the year 2011. I'm allready looking forward to the Christmas Letters & Cards for 2011! ha!
    Love you! ---John & Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess,

    I enjoyed reading the count down of your favorite 10. Awesome! And I know God has another set of favorites in store for you and yours this year too!

    Happy New Year dear one and thank you for your prayers. I need them. I appreciate them and you and your family have my prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.