Thursday, August 18, 2011
FB Or Blogging...
Oh my, the immediacy of connection on FaceBook has taken the wind out of my blogging sails!
I have to admit the impetus for me to blog, is the hope of connecting with new friends.
A glutton for caring comments, I might "check" my post several times a day, hoping to hear from someone.
FaceBook gives me a more immediate "rush" as often longtime friends are commenting before I even get off line.
But a Blog offers the space and time to share more deeply from the heart and I don't want to quit it yet.
Perhaps if I was a tad more disciplined, and a bit more detached. Time will tell...as I struggle to establish a routine and new priorities.
Share with me if you prefer FaceBook to Blogging. What drives you to Blog?
Oh, did I mention that I have a new grandchild on the way?
A Valentine BABY! Hooray!
May our Gracious GOD continue to bless my daughter and her family. HE is Good all the time!
Blessings to you and yours precious ones ~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hi Jess, Congrat's on a new grandbaby. Nothing like grands to bless us. I prefer blogging to FB,but I do have FB also but I'm not on there very much. As for blogging, sometimes I get stuck in a rut but I just try to share what is going on in my life-with a positive attitude.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you haven't given up blogging-too many fine friends out there.
Hugs, Noreen
Blogging or Facebook? I love them both for different reasons. As far as blogging, I love to blog to share the deeper places of my heart and what I am learning on my journey. I get on FB a few times a day to "see what everyone is up to", to check for prayer requests and try to leave an interesting status update. Just today, I found myself having a pity party because no one was commenting on my posts. I have never had that happen before so it threw me. But I was reminded that I blog for Christ and not to gain followers or comments.
ReplyDeleteCongrast on the new grand baby. How exciting!
So THERE you are?!? Congratulations on the news of new grandchild! What a sweet Valentine present...
ReplyDeleteNow, about the subject at hand. I blog as an creative outlet. Words are my tools. Blogs my craft. I facebook to connect,communicate, and encourage. And most recently, I signed up for Twittter. Yes I did
I don't actually "tweet" myself, but signed up to receive the tweets of only a few others who regularly communicate nuggets of wisdom, truth and encouragement. I'm not trying to build connections there. Just selfishly receive. :)
I think the main thing is to be clear on why one does ANY of these. Well, ANYthing, really.
It's good to see your "face" here. Are you finding yourself more and more settled there? Making "real-life" connections and finding opportunities for fellowship and service? (I think of you frequently.)
Good Morning Jess~ hope all is well! Girl~ I love them both! I just recently joined FB, and have found it to be a way to share some thoughts as well to share Christ! also have had to delete some that are just to silly!! I am very careful as to my picking of "Friends"! but I just love my Blog~ This is a sure way to Share Christ as well just to Write what's bugging me or just share my heart!! Please don't stop! I love your posts!! Have a wonderful Day!!
ReplyDeletePS~ Congrats!! on that New Baby! God has a sure way of giving us Exciting Things to look forward To!
ReplyDeleteHi Jess! For me, blogging and Facebook offer two different things. I enjoy the immediacy of Facebook just like you, but for the most part, the discussions are with friends that I know personally. I do have "blogging" friends who have also become Facebook friends (like you!!), but that is not the majority. In the blogging world,I am writing for anyone. My prayer is for them to be somehow encouraged by what I write. It is my way of "giving back" to our God who has done so much for me. (Oh, I also have a Facebook page...but that is linked to my blog.) But all in all, I think it is so important to put good things out there in the internet...because as you know, there are also bad things. So, as Christians, let's continue to counter that by sharing about our God who is so good.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you, Jess!!
Hi Jessica,
ReplyDeleteSo funny you came by today cause I was just thinking about you this morning while I was preparing food and thinking I need to give them a call or send an email or something, then came to check email and my blog and there you were.....
So that gave me one more nudge!!
Congratulations on another soon to be bundle of joy!! Maybe it will be a girl this time!!
That looks just like her sweet Mama!! Whether it is a girl or boy it will definitely be a great
Valentines present!!
How is Katie feeling?? Hope she is feeling great this time, bless her heart, not fun feeling queasy, that is for sure...........
So will pray for a wonderful pregnancy.
So glad to hear you were spared a bad fall, not
once but 3 times. God is truly good. That is sure how I felt last nite when I realized I could have been on I-4 cause it really could have been bad because I could not see anything and who knows if I had tried to pull off the road what could have happened, at least I was
familiar with the area and knew a road was coming that I could turn on. Very Scary there for a few minutes.
Guess you missed my post about the Wedding....
Dee called it off about 6 weeks ago, and they
have been working on things every since and some great things have happened. They are still getting married but they are just going to St.
Lucia to do it, so we will probably just have
a reception here when they return. They are going to have it video taped.
Jim is now finally loving his job cause he is feeling so much more comfortable and more like the team. So am so happy for him, and he has
been working from home every Wed. for about 4 weeks now, so that has been a huge help, and something to look forward to every week.
Well hon, Take Care,
Will try and call you next week....
Love ya, Nellie
Blogging definitely requires more time for me... harder to keep pace with everyone though. I've "quit" blogging a thousand times in my mind.
ReplyDeleteAlas, where would I put all these crazy thoughts of mine? Facebook just isn't big enough for that. But I can understand the struggle, sister. Do what you love to do. We'll all still keep up with you.
peace~elaine