Than ALL my sin!
GOD has me in a very unusual "twilight zone." After years of parenting and sacrificing, ministry and striving...I have been "re-planted" and await assignment. The silence is often deafening, my heart is wrenching, my hands are itching to do SOMETHING.
Oh, what better place to be in, to get Real with the LIVING GOD!
Have you ever been there? At the end of your rope...the end of your finances...the end of your health?
Coming face-to-face with my brokenness isn't fun.
No, I would rather work hard to earn applause or create something that illicits praise. But this time of silent waiting is growing a new "root" in me...one that taps into GOD's Grace like never before.
How I cherish His unmerited favor!
His Love is palpable when I reach for Him!
And the utter Joy of extending that same Grace to others!
Receive and Share...Trust and Obey...Connect to the Source of All Grace...JESUS
((HUGS))
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




You ARE in a good place, Jess! And yes, I have been "there". Quite frequently. It's a good time to read the "Beatitudes" again and again Jesus' perspective on what true happiness is...and to embrace it and celebrate it.
ReplyDeleteAmen, Rebecca!
ReplyDeleteI struggle with the "celebrating" even though my heart longs for the abandon of JOY. Thank you for your continued support and love. Blessings~
Morning Jessica,
ReplyDeleteYea, I have been there too, and it is a good place, not seeming so at the time, but it bears good fruit. Praise anyway, even tho you don't feel like it for it is a pathway to joy.
I think the Lord wants to teach us it isn't about doing it is about being who he wants us to be,not that he doesn't want us to ever do anything, but think he has so many internal things he wants to teach us, and can't until we
slow down a bit............slowing down causes us to look at life in a whole different perspective, we see things we can't see when we
are so busy...........
You will come thru it and be a grander specimen
for His glory....more peace, more love, more joy.
I would highly recommend a lil book called "Jesus calling", it is a small devotional book,
but it is truly annointed and you will have a hard time waiting for the next day to read the next devotional. They are written as if Jesus it talking right to you..........it is wonderful,
and has blessed Jimmy and I everytime we read it.
Hang in there sweetie, the Lord is at work in you..........always a good thing for any of us.
Love ya, Nellie
Was thinking about you and had to hop over to say hi!!! Hugs and prayers to you.
ReplyDeleteDear Jessica,
ReplyDeleteI've been MIA from blogging for a while and making my way around to visit my dear blogging friends.
Your heart here is transparent, tender and full and yes, I can relate. While circumstances may be different for all of us, we can all relate and my heart of compassion and my prayers are with you and yours.
You said it best here: "But this time of silent waiting is growing a new "root" in me...one that taps into GOD's Grace like never before."
I'm reminded often when I'm facing serious situations of, Psalm 27:13-14. I grew up with it in the KJV and I still love it. I pray it, declare it and stand on it.
I love you my friend. Stand fast and firm footed in the faith. Your deliverance is nigh and until then, continue to draw close to our GOD and lean on, rely on and cling to Him with all your might. He will NOT leave or forsake you.
It's when we come to the end of ourselves that God can work in us and through us. There have been times when I simply didn't know what to do and where to turn. But I end up on my face before God and that's the best place to be.
ReplyDeleteRest in His presence.
Blessings and love,
Debbie
I certainly have... come to the end of my rope, and the silence has been God's beautiful grace to me in this transition time. Praying you know Him more because of it, sister.
ReplyDeletepeace~elaine
Hi! Jess, hope all is better! You know its in the wilderness that we grow! to me one just has to stay grounded and constantly bring up the promises of God! BTW~ just reading some of your recent posts(trying to catch up!!) and I just love the thought of a book! I just know that when it's God's Timing we will be reading a "Story" tha will just blow us a way!! I will keep you in my Prayers for the direction of God! Sweet Friend~ keep trusting and believing! God is Already There!! Happy:) Day!
ReplyDeleteOh dear friend, As I was reading all these beautiful comments today, I realize that yes, we all truly understand and know how you are feeling, as we have all been there or are going through similiar circumstances right now.
ReplyDeleteGod is so good to never leave us nor forsake us. He longs to bring healing to our hurting and confused hearts. I continue to pray for you, dear precious friend. I love you!
How are you doing, my friend?
ReplyDeleteThe time of waiting can be a difficult time. Just remember, that even though things may see quiet and you don't feel as if you are doing anything while you await your next assignment from Him, God is at work! He never rests. Even now, when things are still, He is at work inside you preparing you for what is to come. Keep you eyes on Him and before you know it, this time will pass.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Joan
Today my scripture is Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10...and yes I've been where you have described...I'm still there...waiting. Like you, I would rather be 'doing'...but God calls out..be still...and know that I am God. I wrote in my journal awhile back.."Lord, I'm not rushing ahead. I'm staying right here..until You lead me"...Blessings dear one.
ReplyDelete