Friday, January 6, 2012

Ready or Not!

Six days into the new year and I'm waiting for a jump start!
Are you into the swing of things yet?



Today I packed-up Christmas.  I really wanted to leave the decorations up for another week or so, but the dread of "getting behind" was haunting me.  Still, I enjoyed this holy season in our new home longer than I had in previous years.

Now...to get serious about goals for the new year!
Are you good at setting goals?
I tend to focus on the next thing in front of me and avoid any "medium" or "long range" planning.
Since I've been living like that for over half a century now, I don't know how much I can change. {sigh}

Yet, as I peer into the months ahead, at the blank canvas of days and weeks to come, there are several things I hope to accomplish:

1)  Grow in my love for Christ, by studying the Bible; faithfully reading His Word each day.
2)  Grow in my love for my husband; caring for him and encouraging him as he supports us.
3)  Grow in my ability to write and finally tackle the book on mother/daughter relationships that has been burning in my heart.
4) Grow in faith and service; cooperating with God to lay a foundation for a Bible Study Fellowship Class to start in my new hometown.
5) Grow in my ability to trust God for All things and to rest in His grace and peace.
6) Grow in self-discipline and stop emotionally over-eating.
7) Grow in thankfulness and praise.

Looks like I hope to "Grow" alot!

How about you?  
Please share some of your hopes and goals for this new year.
May our Faithful LORD JESUS empower each of us to grow, change and accomplish according to His Will!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    So good to hear from you hon. My decorations are still up too, I had planned to take them down today but Jim and I got to watching Andy Stanley while we were exercising on the gazelle, then that morphed into great conversation, so it didn't get done........oh well, not much done physically but a whole lot emotionally and spiritually. There is always next week......lol

    We truly had a lovely Christmas Season and guess we just don't want it to end!! lol

    So will you and Tony be going to see Katie in Feb. when the baby comes??? Hope you will be able to go. How is Katie doing?? Feeling well I hope, but imagine she is getting to that point of just wanting to get her done. Give her my love when you talk to her.

    Like your new blog face. very pretty! I need to do a new one too, still looks like Christmas....

    You have a very ambitious list of things to do in the New Year, all good............
    I have some things rambling around in my head too, but haven't quite nailed it all down yet,
    I am kinda not too with it either yet for some strange reason. Maybe cause I have been planning birthday parties and covering plants;
    and praying for some tough situations that are happening with others.

    well, take care sweetie, good to hear from you,
    and when exactly is Katie due, so I will be sure to be praying for her.

    Did yall ever find a new renter?? or even need to...............

    Blessings Galore hon, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.