Watching Kathryn work, I reflected on the fact that each of us are "painting" our lives one hour, one day, one week at a time. Are we bold enough to pick deep pigments and happy hues, or do we settle for monochromatic living? How often do I limit the joy in my life by defaulting to routine? Will I make the time to choose a new adventure... seeking out an opportunity to use a talent or skill I have long ignored?
I want to change things up a little this new year. I want to stretch beyond the mundane and color my world with the Hope inside of me. I can't think of a more brilliant color than HOPE!
How about you?
"Now may the God of hope
fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
so that you will abound in hope
by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13



this was beautiful and thought provoking Jess! I will take these thoughts to bed with me tonight...which is where I am headed right now!
ReplyDeleteSome of my inner urgings were reinforced by the "picture" you skillfully painted with your words here, Jess. Now for the ACTION! I feel a little bit the way I remember feeling the first time I stood at the edge of the "high dive" looking down at the water SO far below me...
ReplyDeleteAhhh, Rebecca! To jump or not to jump! I am so aware of my tendency to retreat to the status quo...but I long to dive into ALL the possibilities this new year offers. May GOD help us to stretch and hope like never before!
ReplyDeleteJess! How have you been doing?
ReplyDeleteWonderful post! I, also, have this longing....to start fresh, with no looking back. A friend today reminded me that each new day has it's "surprises" out there for us....it was a fresh way of looking at all that our day may bring....whether the "surprises" are delightful ones or trials of many kinds....it's all how we look at things. Remembering that God always longs to delight us! :)
ReplyDeleteGood Morning Jess, I love this post! I want to color my life with JOY, to live joyously. Such a great picture you've painted for us here.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to tell you I am on FB-Noreen Taylor but you can also email me at Werhis3@gmail.com
as this is the best way for me to connect with friends. Hope you have a blessed day filled with hope. Much love in Him to you.
Noreen
We love the greens, yellow, blues, and reds. But what about other colors... the lesser ones that don't stick out or worse yet, dull the painting? I'm so grateful for a God who can take even the dull ones and paint them into beauty on my portrait.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely for you to be able to watch this artist work!
peace~elaine
Hi Jess, I was going to go on FB and try to find you but didn't know your last name so decided to leave a comment instead. I hope you got the response I sent you about my email address as well as FB since you wanted to contact me, but I haven't heard from you so thought I'd best check.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are having a wonderful time in your new area and the Lord is blessing your socks off,8-).
Sending love today,