It's been forever since I posted on this Blog!
The New Year came at me fast and furious...heralded by the birth of a new grandson out of state.
We welcomed baby Micah in Louisville, Ky on my mother's birthday the end of January!
So now that I'm back from my travels, with my duty to the IRS complete...maybe I can blog in a more consistent fashion.
Let me share with you a short ladybug story...
I was standing in line at the bank the other day. You know, THE line of people of all shapes, sizes and colors, all of whom avoid talking to each other by staring at their watches or phones...and I noticed a tiny little ladybug slowly crawling in the grout line between the tile squares. I was just past her location with two women to my left closer by her. I watched as the dainty little bug, so frail from my perspective, navigated the grout line, climbing occassionally up to the edge of a tile. As long as she stayed in the crevice she would be safe, but if she lingered on the edge of the tile she would invariably be "squashed" by a shoe.
If I had been 10 years younger and more agile, I would have bent down and coaxed said ladybug onto my finger and out the door to safety. Not that I enjoy "saving" bugs...I don't. But this particular defenseless ladybug tugged at my heart. That day I could identify with her plight... stranded on an expanse of cold, impersonal tile, surrounded by indifferent, busy people with monstruos shoes ready to snuf out her little, inconsequential life!
I pointed out her existence to the pleasant lady next to me. Then we tried to notify the young woman closest to the ladybug, who almost stepped on her before noticing what I was really pointing at! Oh dear...I'm not sure how the little bug's day ended, but under my watch she had survived!
Then I was reminded that my life can be full of pitfalls and sink holes, disappointments and crushing blows. That's when I need to stay close to the LORD, right in the crevice of my Father's Hands!
His LOVE is a banner over me
and over you as well.
and over you as well.




Hi Jessica,
ReplyDeleteHave been thinking about you and was about to write you and ask how in the world are you anyway???
So glad you survived grandparent camp!! lol
and nice you have your taxes done already. We always wait till the end of March at least. which is fine cause if we have a refund we are using for vacation it keeps it safe, no temptation to spend it! lol
Now did you write that story??? It was very sweet and was a great analogy, and I don't care for bugs either but I could never kill a lady bug, they are just special bugs.....so sweet!
No much going on here other than spring cleaning
and waiting for spring! The coffey's are coming on March 8th to stay with us again, and we are
so excited as we had such a good time last year.
Can't believe you guys have been up there in Ga. almost a year now, course, in some ways it seems like longer...........
Scott and Megan are coming over for dinner tonight, so we are excited since we haven't seen them in awhile. Tell Tony we said Hello and send our love.
Have a blessed week sweetie,
Good to see you post again.
Love ya, Nellie
Jess - I think the ladybug would have thanked you if she could have! (Is there such a thing as a male ladybug????)
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting thought process ensued your observation! Makes me wonder how many times we've been unaware of our danger...Makes me wonder many OTHER things, too.
You've been a busy one! I need to get the tax stuff out and at least sort some receipts, etc. Once sorted, we add up and begin to fill in the blanks. Not so difficult, really--just time-consuming.
Hi sweet friend, Love this post-filled with a great analogy over life. Hope you are settling back into a routine, now that so many things have been accomplished, and that you'll be taking pen to paper soon. Sending love your way.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Noreen
Oh yes! We are always safe in the crevice of the Rock! We need to always cling to Him!
ReplyDeleteBlessings Jess!
I love ladybugs! I remember one year I bought a little box of live ladybugs to spread out over my rosebush, to keep the aphids away. It was so fun to see the hundreds of little ladybugs all over my rosebush! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your analogy here.....We are safe in the crevice of the Lord's hands, as we trust Him to take care of our every need. :) Have a great weekend!
Love, Michelle
The theme of grandbaby #6's first birthday party this month is ladybugs. A friend is making her a little ladybug tutu to wear! How observant you were and don't you love it when our Father gives us these profound thoughts from everyday things? Thanks for sharing your ladybug story!
ReplyDelete