Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer's End

The days are still "steamy"...humid with heat-index off the charts...but change has come as families get ready for a new school year.  Clothing sales, schedule changes, transportation and child care challenges consume the thoughts of those around me. 

I pray for the families and teachers I know, that GOD will bless their days during this new school year.
My daughter has started her eldest in first grade, continuing their commitment to HomeSchooling.
As summer ends and routines beckon, may we not lose sight of HIS priorities in our lives.

"LORD, bless all the children I know with a desire to know Your Truth.
Raise up teachers that esteem Your Word and encourage tired parents to live out righteousness before their children.  May You be honored in all we do, especially at school!"

2 comments:

  1. My daughter in love is homeschooling our oldest grandson, Deacon, this year too! He is in first grade as well. I can't believe it is almost the end of summer already. It always makes me a bit melancholy. We have felt a definite, though subtle, shift in the way the weather "feels" here in Ohio...It's getting darker a little earlier, and there is that hint of fall in the air. I'm never ready for summer to end :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe that it's coming to the end of summer Jessica. My oldest granddaughter started KDG and my youngest granddaughter started Preschool last week. Both have settled in nicely at their schools. Their Mommy (my oldest daughter) and Daddy's nerves are a bit better now :)

    My youngest daughter started her second year of Christian College last week also.

    It's amazing how time flies by for everyone. I pray a great school year for your grandchild as well.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.