The Garden of Eden was lush and fragrant, a paradise for the senses and completely harmonious.
Can you imagine it? The climate, the scents, the colors, the temperature, the delightful plants and trees...and the fruit! Adam and Eve enjoyed a relationship with the LORD GOD. They walked and talked with Him; and they were naked and unashamed.
I have the privilege of studying the first book of the Bible - Genesis - this year in Bible Study Fellowship. For 32 weeks we will delve into the history of mankind on our planet earth. For the first three weeks we focused on GOD's majestic work of creation. This week we're studying about the fall of man.
Chapter 3 of Genesis outlines for us the root of sin which is disobedience.
Reflecting on satan's deception in the Garden, Eve's terrible choice, Adam's complicity, and the consequences of their actions, is very sobering indeed.
The serpent cast doubt on GOD's motives.
He deceived Eve, playing to her pride and she quickly forgot ALL that GOD had done for her.
Inspecting the forbidden fruit, she yearned for what was denied her.
Ah, how easily we forget ALL of GOD's provision and protection.
I am so like her.
Forgive me LORD!
Change my heart.



What a great Bible Study! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHi Jessica,
ReplyDeleteGood to see you post. Yes, we sure have to look out
for the enemies lies of telling us the Lord is holding out on us...........if it seems the Lord is holding out on us, it is usually to protect us from something.
Sounds like a good study, we are in the book of James,
and it is good too. Course, all of God's word is good!! lol
Hope all is well with you and Tony. We are fine....
going to find out if we are have a Grandson or a
Grandaughter tomorrow. Scott and Megan are having one of those gender parties where they make the cake pink or blue and you don't know what it is till
you cut the cake, and we all find out at the same time. Should be lots of fun!!
Take care hon,
Love ya, Nellie
P.S. came back to edit, I have tried 7 times now to put in the word verification in and know I will get it right eventually, but every time I come it takes at least 4-5 times as the letters are hard to read.
So just thought you might like to know cause think
you might get more comments if you did away with it,
just a thought!!
So God's answer came in in the Man who was obedient even unto death.
ReplyDeleteSo......thinking you might be into chapter 5 or 6 by now? As I read THIS post, I had to think how much MORE information (at least) that I have than Eve...and how I STILL struggle at the level of obedience...and how lies and deceptions STILL have potential to trip me up in spite of all the truth I have at my disposal in the Word, etc.
ReplyDelete(Just thinking out loud/on screen here.)