Sunday, October 25, 2009

Decisions, decisions...



Precious Ones ~
How are you this evening?

I can't believe that this is only the second post
I've written all month!
The days have rushed past me, and though my
heart often overflows with
emotions and insights I'd like to explore
when I finally click on "new post"
my mind goes blank!

Does that ever happen to you?

Well, with a few minutes to visit bloggie friends,
I was inspired by Jacquelyn's post at
Life Between the Buns with the Apostle Paul's
words about what we should fix our thoughts on.

I've long thought that his instruction
in the Book of Philippians, chapter 4:8
outlined the secret to
maintaining our joy in the LORD...

To think on what is pure, excellent, noteworthy, etc.
even when we are feeling lower than dirt,
grappling with pain,
disappointed or discouraged ~

we can always think on JESUS.

HE is always true, honorable, right, lovely,
of good repute, and worthy of praise.

So, it boils down to making a decision...
what will I focus on?

For this moment,

for the next hour,

for today,

this week,

this year,

the rest of my life ?


May I choose to focus on
the Love of Christ,
on His Goodness and Grace,
on the Hope I have in His Name.

"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."
Philippians 1:21

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful words! Great pictures. Yes, I'm find time slowly slip through my fingers as well. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jess,

    Thank you so much for the awesome reminder that CHRIST should be our center, our focus! Oh how different life would be if I truly lived this out moment by moment! It is a decision I need to choose.

    Blessings to you, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Jessica,
    Lovely and oh so true post. I am learning also that finding things to praise God for keeps me full of Joy. Those sacrifices of praise seem to transform things! Like you say it is a choice, we can choose to do what God's word tells us or not to do it, He gives us the choice, but I find when I am obedient and decide to do it I wind up with lots more Joy. One of my bloggy friends Bonnie says it's
    hard to be unhappy when you are full of gratitude. So true!
    Wanted to thank you guys for coming Friday nite, glad you came a lil early so we could visit a bit, sorry we got interrupted. Was so glad you were able to stay as long as you did, hope your allergies to the cat where not acting up too much. She hasn't been in the house too much lately cause of the nice weather, and I try to keep things defuzzed cause of the cat and dog.
    Nice fall pics, don't you just love this time of year. Jim and I both really love it.
    Course we have lots of festivities( our Anniversary and Scott's b-day and of course thanksgiving and Christmas) and vacation time coming up so that is another reason. We have missed you in blogland lately. You probably just have a lot of your plate, and when you empty it some you will get back into the swing of things.
    Course, if you are in pain, that makes it hard to keep your mind on too much of anything, especially if it was anything like whatI experienced with my pinched nerve.
    Praying for you hon,
    You looked beautiful on Friday night, and especially striking in that outfit.
    Praying for you hon,
    Love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post contains a good part of the "secret" necessary to handle the projects, face the surgery, and invest the time to nourish your soul...I WILL pray for discernment and discipline to determine and carry out the will of God -- his GOOD, PLEASING, and PERFECT will! (Romans 12:2)

    Grace & peace to you, Jess. Your fellow pilgrim, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jess, thank you. You say it so lovingly and beautifully. In our small group we've been talking a lot recently about focusing on Jesus, the Cross, and keeping that in the fore front of our minds. One little "mind exercise" I try to do when I start feeling overwhelmed or ouchy or whatever, is to visualize whatever my situation is in the context of eternity. My issues then get put into perspective and don't seem as huge to me anymore.
    Thank you for this!

    And WHERE do you find all these beautiful graphics?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca ~

    You signed off "fellow pilgrim," and indeed I am.
    Thank you for your encouraging remarks.
    Why do I have such trouble consistently putting into practice the truths Our Gracious LORD has given us in His Word?
    I know that the "secret" of rising above the challenges I face is to keep my focus on Christ!!!
    But too often my focus slips and I default into negative thinking. Help LORD!

    Ah...but tomorrow is another day that the LORD will make and another opportunity to be pleasing in HIS sight!

    Blessings to you and to Jacque for your precious affirming words. Oh, and about the photos ...many of them are the artistic genius of my good friend in WA. State. She has quite an eye for the beauty that surrounds her each day and makes greeting cards with these photos complete with scripture verses. Michelle...look how you bless others!

    Love in the Lamb ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaww Jess, Just love it when good stuff like this just flows out of you!! We are all blessed who stop by and can take it all in!! Such lovely truths!! We all need to stare at Jesus and glance at all the muck and we'd be far better off!! Thank you for this lovely reminder to do just that!!
    Love you,
    Beck

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.