Precious Ones ~
This IS the day that the LORD has made,
I will rejoice and be glad in it!
This IS the day that the LORD has made,
I will rejoice and be glad in it!
Psalm 118:24
Thank God it’s Friday,
Thank God it’s Friday,
especially after a sleepless Thursday nite!
I feel led today to give you an update on
I feel led today to give you an update on
the Goal and Dream
I shared with you back on August 22nd.
~~~
I shared with you back on August 22nd.
~~~
I explained that often the “urgent” things in life keep us
from accomplishing the truly important or meaningful
from accomplishing the truly important or meaningful
things that tug at our hearts.
My Goal is to loose the physical weight
My Goal is to loose the physical weight
that has burdened my short frame for 3 decades
and my Dream is to write a book
about mother/daughter relationships
(all while directing a non-profit pregnancy center
and supporting my husband in his pastoral ministry).
~~~
Well, it appears that my book writing
and my Dream is to write a book
about mother/daughter relationships
(all while directing a non-profit pregnancy center
and supporting my husband in his pastoral ministry).
~~~
Well, it appears that my book writing
will have to wait a bit.
Perhaps an upcoming surgery
and subsequent "down time"
will give me opportunity.
But as far as my need to loose weight…
God has given me a renewed focus that
’09 is “my time” to address my weight issue.
God has given me a renewed focus that
’09 is “my time” to address my weight issue.
And it’s been 4 ½ months since June 11th
when I made a commitment to get
Off sugar and learn to eat just
what my body needs.
Finally feed up with the urinary tract infections
that sugar and stress
Finally feed up with the urinary tract infections
that sugar and stress
were causing in my middle aged body,
I sought the LORD and His grace.
~~~
Seeking the Jewel of self-control,
I have tried to be obedient to a new lifestyle
with greatly reduced calorie and carb intake.
Forsaking the breads and desserts that I crave
that are so very bad for me.
In our own strength, self-control is very difficult!
Our carnal nature screams for gratification in
many areas, so to control one's SELF
I sought the LORD and His grace.
~~~
Seeking the Jewel of self-control,
I have tried to be obedient to a new lifestyle
with greatly reduced calorie and carb intake.
Forsaking the breads and desserts that I crave
that are so very bad for me.
In our own strength, self-control is very difficult!
Our carnal nature screams for gratification in
many areas, so to control one's SELF
involves a
determined death to our desires.
A surrender that I have struggled with.
A surrender that I have struggled with.
Yet, in God’s Holy Spirit I have
the power to allow HIM
to change my heart and priorities.
And slowly, I am tasting the fruit of self denial,
a sweet, inner contentment.
But please pray for me!
Now that my results are beginning to show,
I sense a faint wobbling in my commitment…
or is it a counterfeit sense of hunger?
Seeking GOD for the strength to be obediently
self-controlled in the long haul…
And slowly, I am tasting the fruit of self denial,
a sweet, inner contentment.
But please pray for me!
Now that my results are beginning to show,
I sense a faint wobbling in my commitment…
or is it a counterfeit sense of hunger?
Seeking GOD for the strength to be obediently
self-controlled in the long haul…
the rest of my life~
Man does not live by bread alone…
My God shall supply all of my need…
Nothing is impossible for God!
“LORD, please continue to reveal
My God shall supply all of my need…
Nothing is impossible for God!
“LORD, please continue to reveal
this elusive Jewel
of self-control in my life…
first ~ for Your Glory
and then, for my good.
I praise Your Awesome Name.”
of self-control in my life…
first ~ for Your Glory
and then, for my good.
I praise Your Awesome Name.”
P.S. In these challenging economic times
I'm making sure that our local seamstress
stays in business.
Weekly, I visit her with something
to take in!
Blessings!



Great job!!!! How much have you lost so far? I didn't know your husband was a pastor! My dad was a pastor. Your picture is beautiful! Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on persevering! You look like you've lost weight; this should motivate you to continue on. Health is so important, especially as we get older. I am going through the same struggles you are, and it's a daily battle. Self control... yes, yielding that part of our lives to the Lord and letting Him truly be LORD and Master of that area as well. The Lord wants us to be good stewards of everything He gives us. That includes our bodies. In Christ we have all we need for life and godliness.
ReplyDeleteMay the Lord continue to guide you and strengthen you in this your journey.
Blessings,
Dear Jess,
ReplyDeleteWould you like to do a 10-day challenge with me? We can do it together and encourage one another. On my blog, Confessions of a Sugar Aficionado, I posted the information on September 24th. Let me know if you are interested.
Blessings,
YOU GO GIRL!!! You look amazing and I KNOW you will stay the course!! You are doing a great job, and with God...you WILL have the victory!!
ReplyDeleteLove this pic of you and Ton'!! You're just so radiant!!
Lots of Love,
Beck
Step by step....day by day....You're doing great!
ReplyDeleteI've been reading Lysa TerKeurst's blog lately also...she has some very encouraging words on her journey to wholeness and health. Her blogsite is: lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com
Blessings to you, dear friend! Hugs---Michelle
Jessica,
ReplyDeleteYou have run the race well,
and the results speak for themselves. Altho you have always been a beautiful woman, you are even more so now and as Becky said you are radiant! It is a wonderful thing to feel better because of our eating habits and taking care of ourselves, his temple, the way we should.
Really we can do nothing..... accept ask for the Lord to do for us, what we can not do ourselves, and then do our best at what we can do, by preparing the best foods for ourself, not bringing the bad stuff into the house (making no provision for the flesh), exercising at our own speed, and getting proper rest, and lessening the stress in our lives.
You are well on your way, and I will sure continue to pray for your success, it will only lead to good things in your life.
Love and Blessings,
Nellie
P.S. When Jim and I start to sense our commitment sagging, sometimes reading a good book on diet and exercise get us reinspired because it constantly points you to all the good reasons of why you are doing what you are doing and it makes the sacrifice worth it when you get your eyes on the prize again!!
Precious Ones ,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your heartfelt, encouraging words. I so appreciate your prayers too!
Praying that y'all will be blessed this week by our Gracious and Loving, Heavenly Father.
HUGS!
Dear Jess, first off I'm sorry I am just reading this today. My d-i-l and two of my grands came from SC to Ohio to visit for the weekend and I have been non-stop! Could you email me at Jacque481@aol.com so I can have your email address? I want to send you something Joe Coffey wrote. It is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI'm in the same situation as many, struggling with this self-control thing and weight issue. I can't believe I used to be so skinny my grandfather constantly told me if I didn't eat the wind would blow me away! I'm trying to live healthier all the way around, but I have so many "fronts" I get overwhelmed in getting very far along.
Anyway, this is a beautiful picture of a beautiful couple. Most important, I know already that you are a beautiful person on the inside and that is what makes you so attractive to all. Congratulations on your success so far...I so admire your commitment and your dependence on the Lord to for your help! I'll be praying for you too!
"Amen" to your prayer & "congratulations" on your weekly trips to the seamstress! You must be feeling SO much better. (I say that from experience--I just told my husband the other day that I take the stairs so much easier than 6 months ago!) I will continue to pray for you, Jess. Guard your commitment to the Lord in this area - "sanctify it" as some old time Biblical language says it. He honors diligence & obedience when accompanied by the heart's desire to honor and exalt Him!
ReplyDeleteHi Jess, So glad you made the decision to make those changes for your health. It is always so hard to begin the journey but once you get going it gets easier. I too am addicted to anything sweet(specially chocolate)but find I feel so much better at a lighter weight. I've done WW for years on and off but now just trying to watch the sweets(not enter my mouth)and also trying to fast one meal once a week. Continue on in His strength. Hugs and prayers. Noreen
ReplyDeleteBlessings and encouragement coming your way!!
ReplyDelete