Sunday, January 2, 2011

GOD Will Take Care of You!


As many of you know, Hubby and I are embarking on a New Journey. 
We will need all the Jewels of Faith, Hope and Love that we have gathered through the years.
Our gracious LORD has allowed us to experience a terrible upset that is all too familiar in households across our great land...unemployment.

Though the "signs" were there for many months, we lived in blissful denial that a pastoral position needed to be cut at our church.  In these economic times it is a rare luxury for a church to support 6 pastors and indeed a decrease in giving mandated that our staff be trimmed.

Having served this congregation faithfully for over eleven years, we felt that GOD might consider moving us someday, when the timing was right and it was our idea.  Hmmmmmmm.
But mid December, when the worrisome topic came up in staff meetings, reality hit us full in the face.
On Sunday December 19th, the faithful few who attend annual meetings were faced with the distress of voting on the adjusted budget that eliminated my husband's position.

At this point in our Journey, all we know is that GOD is Faithful and so this must be HIS timing.

It's amazing how much encouragement we receive from fellow bloggers and from email forwards.
A dear friend from the Pacific Northwest sent me a YouTube clip of a young family singing the hymn "God Will Take Care of You."   I know this is a favorite for many of you.

How delighted I was to read about the author and composer online.
This precious Hymn was written and arranged by a pastoral couple in response to their son's childlike faith.
When the dad, who was scheduled to preach at a church far from home, considered staying home to care for his ill wife, their son encouraged him not to cancel for surely, GOD would take care of his mother.
With that simple assurance, faith sprung forth and not only did the preacher have a blessed service but his wife was greatly improved and inspired to write the words to this hymn!

How timely for me to have the truth of this song to hold on to!  Maybe it will encourage you as you face trials and uncertainties in your own lives. 

GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU
by Civilia and Wm. Stillman Martin

Be not dismayed whate'er betide,
God will take care of you;
beneath His wings of love abide
God will take care of you.

Refrain:  God will take care of you, through every day, o'er all the way; He will take care of you, God will take care of you.

Through days of toil when heart doth fail,
God will take care of you;
when dangers fierce your path assail,
God will take care of you.
(Refrain)

All you may need He will provide,
God will take care of you;
nothing you ask will be denied,
God will take care of you.
(Refrain)

No matter what may be the test,
God will take care of you;
lean, weary one, upon His breast,
God will take care of you.
(Refrain)

~ Sending my Love and Blessings ~

12 comments:

  1. Dearest Jess, I so needed to read this today for although we aren't unemployed we are retired and life has a way of throwing boulders at us-like an abscessed tooth and no dental insurance. I'll be praying for you and your hubby. Hugs sweet friend.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you. This is a hard thing to go through. I am praying that God has something exactly right for you just ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Precious Ones! Your prayers are so appreciated. May we be faithful to trust HIM and discern HIS will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, To answer the question from your comment at my post, I am in a Beth Moore Bible Study Breaking Free. What is the Bible study you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOD is faithful and He promised never to leave us or forsake us so I stand firmly on that in all situations. Remain encouraged Jess. Jehovah Jireh has His Hand on you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Draw even closer to God and to Tony as you walk this uncharted path together. When we went through it twice in 6 years, we learned so much about the faithfulness of our Father. God's timing is always right. His purposes are being fulfilled, and during those times when we can't see His hand, we know we can trust His heart.
    You are in my constant prayers friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy:) New Year Jess~ and I know that God is Already There! Wherever He Has Placed You! Is that not just a glorious Promise!! Loved this post and I love that song! May you be comforted this day with a "Peace" that only God can give! Love you~ sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is still unemployed, into our 2nd year now. God has been faithful to provide odd jobs that keep food on the table for us and our four children. Thankfully, I still have a job. I'll be praying for you as I walk alongside you in this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this is a difficult time, but as you wrote, God WILL take care of you! Even now, He is preparing the new place of employment for your husband...and preparing your husband for it. I pray that when it comes, in God's timing, His perfect plan for your family will be made clear. Blessings to you, Jess. My heartfelt prayers are with you and your husband as you travel these difficult waters. Just remember...our God is with you all along the way!

    Living for Him, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just the affirmation I needed to hear this night... God will take care of all of us, every minute of the day. Sometimes that's how we have to live... minute by minute, believing that God's got the rest of it.

    Keep us posted; this just might be the beginning of an incredible "next" for you both!

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a post, Jess! God is so faithful as YOU know. The waiting is difficult but I will pray and stand firm with you that He has something so very special for you. HUGS.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for posting the words to this beloved hymn. My heart has been encouraged by your sharing. Please know you are being lifted up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.