Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Early Morning Musings

"Refiner's FIRE,
my heart's one desire
is to be holy,
set apart for You LORD.

I choose to be holy,
set apart for You, my Master,
ready to do Your will."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Change my heart oh GOD,
make it ever true.
Change my heart oh GOD,
may I be like YOU.

You are the Potter,
I am the clay.
Mold me and make me,
this is what I pray."

10 comments:

  1. He hears. He knows. He loves. He molds. He makes. He leads. He provides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Jess,
    The refiners fire is never easy, but it is unfortunately necessary, and the end result is always Great!! Hang in there Hon, your heart is on target, and always remember He has your best interest at heart!! Cause He is always Good!
    Praying for you and hoping you are both feeling better physically.
    Love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's an older song I sing from time to time by Steve Green entitled "The Refiner's Fire." The first time I heard it, I was stunned by its beauty--the deep proclamation of willing obedience to choose the Refiner's Fire, despite the pain it might bring. I suppose I don't have to tell you how those words, sung by my very lips, have become my living witness in this season. And while it hurts at times, I'm believing God for a fuller, more pristine heart and perspective once the flames have subsided.

    Blessed Tuesday to you; another snow day over here... the bother of it all! Now, I'm off to read with kids... the beauty of it all!

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess, you have not been far from my thoughts all day long (again). I've been in somewhat of an exhausted funk, for no real reason except for the lack of energy for all that needs to be done post-holiday. I'm still putting Christmas away since ours got extended into January again :)

    One good thing about this refiner's fire is that you and Tony are walking through it together, and with the Lord together. Having been through it twice for a total of 15 long months, I encourage you and Tony to spend quality time together , maybe even do a special bible study together...something you can't do when he is working regular hours. This is your opportunity to exercise your total dependence on God's provision. He never would have let this happen if He didn't have something very special for you in His plans. He is ALWAYS for our GOOD. With HIS highest GOOD.
    You are so loved...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Jess, loved this post! And as I just shared w/ another Sister Just Trust and Obey! Oh! yes Lord! just help us to TRUST You! Blessings for a day of Peace!
    ps- please enter my give-a-way, go to that post and enter please! It is a Blessing to hear this CD! Ends Fri. @ noon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh, I have that song on a CD called, "Change My Heart O God" (If I could find it in my office somewhere amoungst all my stuff! Yikes!)
    I love how God is continually working on our hearts, minds, attitudes and molding us into His image, as we trust in Him. Life is tough, but God is faithful. Oh, how He loves us.
    Music truly ministers in such a beautiful way, when we truly take the words to heart. :)
    Continuing to pray for you both, my dear friend.
    Love always....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these songs and they make good prayers! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Jess. I know that is the desire and commitment of your heart, and that it is sheer delight to our Lord! Praying for you and for all that concerns you and Ton'. God is faithful and He will do it!! I'm feeling almost all better, but Maddy has some mild bronchitis. We've been shut ins...but will be back in form soon I know!

    Love you!
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Jess, haven't heard from you in a few days! Hope all is well, and yes I am checking on You!! Love and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that song! I pray that His refining fire continues to change me into the woman He wants me to be.

    Living for Him, Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.