Thursday, January 27, 2011

Uncertain But Willing

When I was in grade school, my family moved from
New Jersey to South America.
We had the privilege of living in Colombia
and then in Mexico.

During those formative years I so appreciated the warmth and beauty of the Latin cultures that surrounded me.  The above painting by a Mexican artist was purchased by my mother when I was in 4th grade.  It was one of her favorites and she packed it and moved it with her many times.  I was always enchanted by the lack of definition, the etherealness of the buildings, the two women with their backs to us.  Is there a story behind the image?  Does this depict an average day in a hilly, quaint town, or were they headed out on an uncertain path?  Either way, the painting (much more vibrant than the photo portrays) now hangs in my home office, a reminder of adventures and days long gone.

As Hubby and I work through the grief of leaving a long-term ministry, facing the uncertainty of what GOD has for us next, I sense a growing willingness to trust HIM for all that I can not "see."  I know that my budding hope is the result of the many prayers offered on our behalf.

Ah, though my natural vision is insufficient to focus on what the next months hold, my "eyes of faith" are alighting on a precious season of change and rest.   Only wish I could have a little rest before the change!  But I'll have to trust the One who is leading us, to do what is best!

How about you?  Are you faced with the need to change course or re-organize your life?
Join me in trusting our Mighty GOD, the One who loves us beyond measure, for HE has promised to make our paths straight.

"Trust in the LORD with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding,
But in All your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths." 
Proverbs 3:5-6

12 comments:

  1. You just quoted probably my all-time favorite verses!! I am so trying to live that......

    Thoughts and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that painting, too, Jess. Our lives are winding roads, and I am sooo thankful that though we come to a curve and cannot see the way ahead...God is there, and is always guiding His children in the direction they should go. If it were all laid out for us, there would be no need for faith and trust in Him, huh? I feel like I maybe approaching a curve, too, and I'm trusting for both of us that He will, as always, be faithful to light the way for us!

    What a delight to trust in Him who holds the universe in place!! Great and Mighty is He!

    Love you lots!
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trusting WITH you and FOR you, Jess. Interestingly, just today we received an interesting phone call that may affect OUR future. Thankfully, God knows the future and His goodness and mercy follow us all the days of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and interesting painting. I just know on the other side of all this uncertainty you will be saying "Jesus led me all the way"...

    I'm glad your hope is budding and that you know you can fully trust the ONE who knows the end from the beginning!

    I'm getting very excited myself to see where God will be leading you and Tony!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I need to trust God even more these days as we seek, together, to re-organize my heart and life! I'm all over the emotional map these days.

    Keep me posted; I'll be praying this evening for you both.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This encourages my heart today, Jess. I heard another woman compare the transition she is facing to a baby going through the birth process. We feel squeezed and we don't know what's ahead, but God will bring us into a new place; And everything we've been through will have prepared us for it. I pray for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just happened by your blog tonight and I am so glad I did! Your words and the scripture you chose were what I needed to hear. Earlier in the evening I was talking to my daughter about something I simply cannot understand. Something I have prayed about almost daily. Your reminded me that I don't have to understand, I have to lean on the one who understands all things.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jess, Although my heart is heavy for you-knowing what you are leaving behind, it is also buoynt knowing He knows and has planned the best for you and your hubby. It would seem that there is much change going on in the kingdom and with His children but we know He is at the helm.
    Hugs and prayers,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you, Jess! I'm trust God knowing that He has our best interests at heart. His plan is the best...

    Living for Him, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jessica,
    We are right there with you girly, trusting for you as well as for us!! lol
    God is good and He will see us through, we just have to relax and enjoy the ride!! Albeit, bumpy at times!!lol
    Glad you are feeling so much better about things,
    that is probably cause you are feeling some better physically. No one copes very well when we are sick.
    Did you get my email today, actually I sent it last night, if not....check your email.
    Love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Checking in for updates....Praying for God's provision & protection to be on you, your belongings, your travels....and healing for your physical pain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful painting! And with the year I've been through I can honestly say that the Lord has been more than faithful! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.