Cindy, one of the fearless leaders of our Ladies' Wednesday Night Bible Study, came up with the idea of an overnight so that we could enjoy fellowship and get to know each other better. Teresa helped with decorations and craft projects, Julie helped by coordinating the food and Karen organized some games for us to play.
(Karen, Julie and Teresa)
Even though the weather did not cooperate (pouring rain and blustery winds), the cabin was spacious and the accommodations wonderful. There were eleven of us who braved the elements to hang out together and share about our lives. We enjoyed pizza for dinner and all sorts of goodies, while following a full agenda of fun!
It was precious to hear bits of the other ladies' stories. For instance, after picking a penny from a jar we used the date on the coin as a prompt to share about something that happened to us that year. We shared bitter/sweet stories and funny ones...grateful that kleenex had been graciously provided!!! The year on my penny was 1991 and it was challenging to flip through my "mental" files and recall something to share.
Then I remembered that we painted our 2 story house in the Pacific Northwest that year and it took 4 coats to cover the cedar siding! By the time we had purchased all the primer and paint and rented scaffolding, it became a production I will never forget. My dear neighbor Lucy helped me paint during the day and she also quizzed me on my Evangelism Explosion memory work. That was a precious summer indeed.
What happened in your life in 1991? Want to share?
(Cindy, Julie, Edie, April and Teresa embellishing their picture frames)
(Linda, Crystal, Joyce, Karen)
(Scarlet and June making a long list of personality traits on toilet paper!)
(The finished picture frames we decorated)
(Scarlet and June making a long list of personality traits on toilet paper!)



What a great idea, Jess! Happy to know you're making such good friends. As to 1991, I would have been hard pressed to think of anything. I am NO good with dates. (I could have made something up, though. I'm good with spinning yarns!)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful time! Glad you are getting plugged in and making memories.
ReplyDeletehugs,
tara
Sounds like a great time! I'm thinking back to 1991 and it's hard!!! I know I was working and we were living in Queens. Glad you found a church that you're really enjoying!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time! What a lovely group, and what a blessing!
ReplyDeleteGod is so good, isn't He??
Sure was great to see you if only for a little bit!
Hope all is well!
Things here are good, but with a few challenges.
Love and hugs,
Beck
HI! jess, what fun:) just to stop life for a day and have fun:)., and as far as remembering 1991~ forget it!! Girl~ you are Blessed with memory!!LOL!! have a Happy:) Friday!
ReplyDeleteSummer of 1991 is an easy one for me. My son, Colton, was born in June of that year. Such precious memories associated with that time.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun to have an overnight! Of course, I'd poop out by 11:00, but I like the idea of girl get togethers.
Thanks for checking in with me today.
peace~elaine