Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas JOY!

I just had share with y'all the sweet, happy spirit I'm feeling today.
Thanksgiving is flooding my heart and lightening my load.  The past year has been so challenging and yet, here we are "settled" into a new phase of life.  I praise GOD, that though I'm on another heavy duty anti-biotic and preparing for my first Christmas without my daughter and her family...

 my heart feels light and joyous today!


No doubt it is the love of new friends, some beautiful Christmas music and psalms of praise that are stoking my JOY.

My bloggy friend Rebecca posted this on her FB wall this morning...it happens to be one of my favorite passages:

I will praise the LORD at all times.
I will never stop singing his praises. Humble people, listen and be happy,
while I brag about the LORD.
Praise the LORD with me. Let us honor His Name.
I went to the LORD for help, and He listened.
He saved me from all that I fear. If you look to Him for help,
He will put a smile on your face.
You will have no need to be ashamed.   (Psalm 34:1-5)

Oh, how I love feeling His Joy!
My prayer is to practice Love, Joy and Peace this new year. How about you?

I'm praying that despite your circumstances...
YOU will tap into His JOY today as well.

Christmas Blessings ~

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Jess. My heart is MELTING at the mention :)
    My husband and I learned these verses put to song many years ago (not THIS particular version). It comes back to me frequently - and I enjoy reading it in other versions, too.

    Oh, magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt His name together! (At Christmas, I always think of Mary's Magnificant..."My soul doth magnify the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior". I am counting it ALL joy this season...even those things that don't go as I might have wished or planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,
    So sorry you want have Katie and Daniel with you this year or the grandchildren. Know it is hard
    for you but so glad you are finding joy inspite of it. Praising the Lord is the quickest way to joy that I know..........but sometimes we don't feel like it, but he never said we had to feel like it,
    he just says do it, and when we do something supernatural happens in our own heart, God is so wise and all knowing............isn't he!
    I hope you guys have the Most Blessed Christmas
    of all times, and that you will stand in awe of all He does this Christmas!
    We love you guys, and will be praying for a wonderful Christmas for you.
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.