Don't you agree?
Yet, once we belong to GOD, we are told NOT to fear for HE is always with us. Worry is the opposite of Trust, and our hearts are prone to stray from His promises.
As I face major surgery and the challenges of a long recovery, I am tempted to worry and be afraid.
But, GOD has been so faithful in the past that I choose to rely on HIM and place my confidence in His Faithfulness.
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7
During my Sunday School class a couple of weeks ago, a gentleman shared that "fear" is really false evidence appearing real. That acronym has stayed with me and reminds me to trust instead of fret.
"LORD, help me to lean completely on YOU...trusting Your love and sovereignty!"



I've heard that about fear; false evidence appearing real. I heard it from Zig Ziglar. I've not visited you lately so I didn't realize you were having surgery. I will pray for you Jess.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and love,
Debbie
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior..." Isaiah 43:2,3
ReplyDeleteMorning Jessica,
ReplyDeleteHave been wanting to write as I saw your name on the prayer list at church, then saw this post. Am so sorry to hear you are having to go thru this again hon, but know you will trust the Lord just like you have done the last few times. We will certainly be praying for you, Tony and family, the surgeon and team, and for a speedy and permanent recovery............
When is your surgery taking place??? Will also pray for help during recovery as I know that is an issue as well.
Love and Blessings hon,
Nellie
Jess, I will be praying for you. Please keep us updated.
ReplyDelete