Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tread Lightly...

...and deliberately!
Precious Ones,
Have you considered lately what kind of mark
you are leaving on the world around you?
Much is said today about the "footprint,"
carbon or otherwise =)
that we are leaving on this earth.
~~~
How about the impressions
we leave on the hearts around us?
So many are tender and needy.
~~~
I'm reminded of the impressionableness
of children.
It's been said that during the first
three to five years of life
a child's character is formed...
and the input and values instilled
during that time can be likened
to writing in cement!
~~~
Praise God, HE makes up for so
many of a praying parent's mistakes!
And let's add grandparents to
the mix as well!
~~~
"LORD, please help me to share your
grace and love at all times.
To think of others before myself,
and leave hopeful footprints
wherever I go."


Just some late night musings...
Blessings and Hugs!

8 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for my grandparents as they were spiritual mentors to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jess, thank you for finding me and commenting on my blog. I'm so happy now that I have found YOU! I love this post. I actually have some tears running down my face, this spoke to me so intimately. Your analogy of the "carbon footprint" that we hear so much about is great...I was blessed with two very awesome and Godly grandmothers, and I know from personal experience how much they helped shape who I am today and what an impact they had on me. I want to be that kind of grandma too...and leave those hopeful footprints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess,
    Your late night musings are quite thought provoking, my friend!! I am working towards building a legacy of hope in my own family, and leaving some "HOPEFUL" footprints behind. This is a great thought to help us refocus when strain hits the family as it inevitably does!

    Love you,
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO relevant. SO true! Jess, your comment on my post (Babe Ruths) was right on. We are NOT what we eat....that's why I said, "If...."! The truth is what you pointed out....So many lies out there. Focus is so important and all the diverts me/us needs to be eliminated. Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord. Oh, to be lost in Thee...Oh, that it may be no more I, but Christ who lives in me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My greatest inheritance from parents was a legacy of love--love for Christ and family!

    Hope you had a great day. Hop back over to enter and blog about my giveaway.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jessica,
    Thanks for your sweet thoughts and comments.
    Loved your post today, so true!! I think most of us really desire to leave a great family legacy, and it always great to have a reminder, cause sometimes we can easily lose sight of that when life gets hectic.
    I am wondering if they take the phone off the hook @ the Senator's office or if they are just
    getting that many phone calls. I kept trying all afternoon and it was always busy. Am sure
    hoping they check their email everyday.
    I also called and managed to get thru to Gov.
    Christ and the attorney Gen concerning the Acorn investigations continuing, I asked if they had any input into Sen. Hatchs ammendment and they said No. That was too bad cause at least I was able to get thru to them.
    Well, have a good night, and we will have to pray, pray, pray Sen. Hatch's ammendment passes.
    Love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW, I love your music, and I have it playing right now, while I'm doing supper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen Jess! Thanks for sharing with us! Legacy is very important to me as a parent and as a grand parent.

    I pray I leave behind even a portion of the legacy my grandparents left me. They taught me to love GOD and receive HIS love and to live for HIM! That's a legacy worth passing on...

    Blessings and love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.