Saturday, July 24, 2010

An Italian Birthday Celebration!

Ahhhh, the aroma of Italian cuisine!
The romance of accordion music and candles,
And the ambiance of tufted chairs, lavish linens
and gorgeous pottery!
***
What great fun we had celebrating my "double nickels" Birthday
at the Portofino Bay Resort in Orlando, FL.

This mosaic adorns the entrance to

Mama Della's Ristorante.

Colorful pottery brought out the "party" in each of us, and the setting put us in a "vacation" mood!

Hubby posing on a moped...

The plaza complete with a tower clock...

Did I say lavish linens and gorgeous pottery?

Lovely potted plants as well...

ALL made for an evening to remember.

Wish you could have joined us!

Ciao

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jess, how wonderful! Everything was lovely. What did you eat? I love the picture of Tony with the hat and moped. (Tell him our Andy has a vintage 1970 something Vespa) ... The photo of the two of you says it all. I hope you have a most blessed year ahead!!! Happy Happy Birthday!! What is the exact date friend??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess! So glad your birthday was delightful! I so hoped it would be! Just poppin in!! We're having a great time and will be in touch soon!
    Love you!
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems you had the perfect birthday celebration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful day! Wonderful atmosphere....Just LOVE your pictures! I'd love to visit there with you someday! :) Mmmmmm....I think I'm craving some Italian food now!!
    Happy Birthday, dear friend! Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday, Jess! (I had to think about that "double nickles" for a minute, but I think I figured it out!) The place looks fabulous - I really like the colorful pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jessica,
    Thanks for your vote of confidence on my berry cake but actually it didn't taste as good as usual either. It was a bummer, what can I say!! lol
    Like your new blog face. Hope you are happy with it too!!
    I just realized that somehow my post did not show up. I left you a post days ago when I read
    this post telling you Happy Birthday. Don't know what happened....sorry!! but Happy Belated
    Birthday now!! Looks like you two had a great time. Neat place.
    Take care and hope you enjoy the conference.
    Love and blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Birthday blessings to you my friend! Beautiful photos. I may have to visit that place with my hubby.

    Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto on the Birthday Blessings!!! Wonderful pictures!

    All my love,
    Xeta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.