What's with the expression "Moving Day?"
Unless you are a single male under the age of 24, or a college student, no one moves in just ONE day!
For us, it took 7 days to move 33 years of living and that's with professional help!
For instance, in my home office the packers emptied every drawer and tub, packing up ALL of my scrapbooking and art supplies along with all of my paperwork, books and albums...43 BOXES filled just that one small room!
Our "adopted son" Paul came by to touch up the walls and encourage our hearts.
Note: the discarded boxes were "repacked" by the movers! UGH.
But we were treated to countless dinners and received many precious cards and gifts.
Final HUGS from blogging friends Becky (Junk to Joy) and Nellie (Nellie's Cozy Place)
And a potluck meal at Bill and Peggy Broda's home, with friends like Chuck and Lois who "took us in" for 2 nights!
Though we were/are so very grateful for work, it was difficult to leave behind the life we knew so well.
But Georgia is just up the road a bit, and Florida will always own a big part of our hearts!



HI AGAIN, IT WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU POST. SORRY WE MISSED YOUR CALL EARLIER. I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH SCOTT, AND JIM WAS GETTING READY FOR HIS ELERS MEETING. WILL TRY TO CALL TOMORROW SOMETIME, I KNOW HE HAS WORK TO DO FOR HIS OLD JOB FIRST THING
ReplyDeleteAND WE HAVE TO RUN TO SANFORD SOMETIME AS WELL, SO WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU ASAP!
HOPE ALL ELSE IS GOING WELL!
LOVE AND BLESSINGS HON, NELLIE
I THOUGHT I might find you here! It's fun (for me) to see your progress. Praying for a continuing sense of adventure and curiosity to make your transition a sweet one.
ReplyDeleteMoving is a buzzard; I hate it, but I know you are glad to have the "moving part" behind you. Now, to get your heart to "move" as well--always the toughest part.
ReplyDeletepeace~elaine