Are you a "creature of habit?"
Nothing like a move to shake one's life up and challenge ROUTINE!
Three weeks ago I moved out-of-state with my sweet hubby and our lives were turned Upside Down.
I know, some of you move often and even relish the new experiences that come with changing one's address.
But I had hung up my vagabond shoes in 1999 and had little notice before this current upheaval!
Now I'm forced to change some of my routines, and though I still open up the blinds first thing in the morning:
My dishwasher is on the left instead of the right;
My water is "slick" instead of "squeaky" clean;
The towels are in drawers instead of in a closet;
The bank and post office are 7 miles away instead of 2;
My car doesn't fit into the garage YET;
And the tile floors take a toll on my feet!
Despite these and many other "adjustments," I praise GOD for faithfully providing for us and protecting us.
His Mighty Arms were there to catch us as we felt we were falling...His Eternal Word ~ an ongoing comfort.
"Trust in the Lord, and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
Awww...He indeed straightens paths so that the journey is possible...not always easy, but possible in Him.
How about you?
Have your routines been challenged lately?
Has GOD met you in times of great change?
I'd love to hear your story!
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Thinking about you as my post for today addresses life's interruptions God puts before us.
ReplyDeleteI think these kinds of challenges are good for our aging brains and bodies! Keeps us on our "toes" literally and figuratively! Praying for continuing grace for you as you acquire new routines.
ReplyDeleteHi Jessica,
ReplyDeleteYes, changing routines can be somewhat hard at first, yet sometimes they can be refreshing. We are all such creatures of habit, I think these are God's ways of keeping or getting us out of a rut.
My routine changed majorly when Jim got laid off,and now I am quite use to it, and not sure I want it to change, but I have a feeling it probably will soon. He had another interview today, and then they called him this afternoon to come back again on Monday, cause he only got to speak to an HR person and took some sort of a
brain teaser test, which he passed!!
So we will see.....we still might here from
Ligionier cause they have not hired anyone yet either, so............we wait.......Again!! lol
We are getting so used to this....but some days you just want to know something, anything just something..........lol but then I get a grip and it passes!! Thank God, It came to pass, it didn't come to stay!! I sure claim that!! lol
How are things going for Tony?? Well, I hope.
Take care sweetie, and hang in there...........
remember it came to pass........
Love ya, Nellie
Just popped back over to wish you a blessed week!!
ReplyDeleteHi Jess, I sure know about the achy feet from the tile! Opening my shop was a huge change for me and I am still adjusting my routine to accomodate the extra load. I am doing better, but I'm still not where I want to be!
ReplyDeleteI think you still have some gypsy shoes {smile}...you were just caught off guard with this one! One thing I know is that you make the best of things, and you will this as well! Plus...God has provided SO mightily for you that it's gonna be good!!! Transitions take a little time...but it will be good!
Have a joyful week, sweetie,
Love ya,
Beck
How exciting! I know you're facing some new challenges, but for someone like me who has been dying for a fresh start elsewhere, let's just say I'm green with envy...
ReplyDeletewhat do you mean by "slick water" ?? I'm intrigued!
ReplyDeletepraising God with you for new opportunities, His provision, and the Everlasting arms that hold us tight!
HI! Jess~ just letting you know that God Smiled on my son! PTL~ things turned out well:) Thanks for Praying!
ReplyDelete