They are packing my house up today.
After 11 years of living in this space, in this town, in this corner of Central Florida, I am headed out of here.
So surreal!
This move was not of my choosing, not in my timing, not to a place I had yearned to be...
But gratitude fills my heart, simply because I have a place to go, a job waiting for us and a future I know that GOD will bless. His Faithfulness to us is unreal...His provision tangible and the prayers of His people have made the move "doable."
So who is the woman in the photo above?
In my pre-move "sorting" I found this old drawing pad and a self-portrait I had done while an art major in college, so many years ago. I remember that gal in the drawing, a bit unsure and feeling empty...searching for significance and love and belonging.
But GOD changed all that in 1978. After wooing me gently for years, He invited me to know His Healing Grace and Unconditional Love. With this move, it may be time to draw a new self-portrait! I pray that I can illustrate the Hope and Assurance I have come to know from God's Heart... from His Word.
Where are you today?
Do you feel "stuck" or challenged?
Out of God's will or right in the middle of it?
Share with me, I'd like to hear your story.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Stuck AND challenged - at the same time! Maybe on the brink of SOMEthing....ready for ANYthing.
ReplyDeleteThe testimony of God's faithfulness & provision for you is a great encouragement to me, Jess. One of the great things about technology is that I can follow you as closely in your new place as in the old one!
I'm so glad we can trust that God's timing and purposes are perfect...without flaw or error!
ReplyDeleteThis time is His perfect time, for His perfect reasons!
He will shower you with grace, mercy, wisdom and love, and lead you as you walk in His way. It's at times like these that I love that song Leaning on the Everlasting Arms. Leaning on Him in your behalf, and trusting Him to supply all your needs according to His incredible riches! You will be missed by many! And LOTS by me! But we're only a phone call, email, or blog post away!! YAY technology!!
:o)
Love you bunches,
Beck
Oh and I am so excited! I feel God is doing a new thing in and around me, and I can't wait to see what He is up to!! I have no doubt that I am smack in the middle of His will...at least for today! :o)
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Dear Jess - Thank you for sharing your heart with us and jewels for the journey of this thing called life on earth. I am sending prayers for you and Tony as you transition. Yes, praise the Lord for a place to go and a job to provide for your needs. May He establish His ministry for you there, too!
ReplyDeleteLook outside your window, Jess. At first sight the grass still appears dormant, deadgrass in color. Look closer. Green. Tiny patches of new growth here and there. The trees, too. Some may bear baby buds--ready to sprout new growth when Jesus whispers, "Now is YOUR time to blossom for me."
Through nature, the Lord has taught me this principle. Change brings new growth. So I pray for you, Jess, that the alterations in your life bring fruitful growth in unexpected places within and all around you. May the Lord fulfill His purpose for you!
As for me, I am learning how to be a mom of now five kiddos. We're navigating through some homeschool trials that no doubt present "growth opportunities" for the students and even more so the teacher. :) I continue to write my weekly blog by the grace of God, and rest through this transition period w/ our own life changes.
My website design is still in progress. I'm almost ready to approve the design and work when I can on content to feed the web designer.
I desire to find a babysitter that can watch my little ones 1x/week this summer so I can have a full writing day (prayer request). Naptime is my usual writing time, but I have not picked up my manuscript yet since we've had our new baby. All three of my little ones do nap at the same time now, so PTL for that! My focus has just needed to be on schooling the big boys in their harder subjects.
Overall, I'm at peace. I pray each day for the Lord to help me walk IN STEP WITH HIS SPIRIT. There is no more settling place than in sync with Him.
Much love in Christ to you!
Shannon :)
Continuing to pray for you & Tony as you embark on your journey to Georgia! I'm hoping to get a letter in the mail (maybe tomorow?!) to your new address! :) It's hard to believe that you're really moving!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you.....And I hope your ribs are healing. Hugs----------Michelle
I suppose we've both been tracking back to earlier seasons! It's good to benchmark are moments, where we've been; where we hope to be in coming days.
ReplyDeleteThank God for his reaching grace that has claimed our hearts for all eternity.
peace~elaine
I love your testimony...how God got hold of you and changed your life! Interesting that you can look at that drawing and it brings back the emotions of so long ago. As Elaine says, a "benchmark" of where you were...to compare with where you are now by God's amazing grace!
ReplyDelete