Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Number 410...


BOXES and items packed in my house!
Over eleven years of Florida living, crated and taped, carted out to a HUGE moving van and hauled down the road to head north three days later.

Much to the movers dismay, hundreds of those boxes were filled with books.  HEAVY!
Much to our dismay, the movers dropped part of our lovely entertainment center on the road...breaking it beyond repair.  "Stuff!"  I tell myself it's just stuff.


MOVING...UGH.
Most people loathe it.
Not knowing where anything is, nothing in it's place, everything unsettled...
and yet, just like labor, the process does have an ending...when the "new" eventually becomes comfortable...eventually becomes "home."


I'm longing for that day on earth, when Coastal Georgia feels like home, but even more so for THAT day when I arrive in my eternal Home...HEAVEN.

3 comments:

  1. AMEN JESSICA,
    THIS WORLD HAS A WAY OF MAKING US LONG FOR HOME AND HIS COMING ESPECIALLY THE OLDER WE GET,
    ADJUSTMENTS ARE SURE NOT EASY, AND QUITE PAINFUL
    TOO! THAT IS HIS PLAN FOR MAKING US "CLING ONS"
    TO HIM! HE TRULY IS THE ONLY THING THAT NEVER CHANGES AND HOW GRATEFUL I AM FOR THAT!
    KEEP CLINGING ON SWEETIE...............
    LOVE YA, NELLIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nellie! Sure is the RIGHT perspective to have. Truly, nothing else matters!
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew...Thats a LOT of boxes!! Your new home will feel settled in before you know it!
    Lots of love-----Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.