My first Grandchild is five years old today!
Wasn't it just yesterday that his pretty Mama was getting married and finishing her last year of college and planning a move to Alabama, and ...oh, well...that was June 2005.
And then the life-changing news that Amos was growing in her womb and due in May 2006. GOD's timing for sure!
I went from being a new mother-in-law to becoming a new grandma in the span of 11 months!
No wonder I'm so tired! LOL
As other grandmas will attest, there is NOTHING to describe the feeling of holding your child's baby for the first time. Is it increased wisdom, the vantage point of much life experience, or just unbridled joy? Holding my daughter's son for the first time will always be a Hallmark moment to cherish.
And today I was able to share his joy via Skype as he opened the "party in a box" I mailed him last week.
Five Fun Presents tickled his fancy as he opened and inspected each one. YEAH for Grandma!
Most importantly, this year I told him that I wanted to pray over him via the computer. He closed his eyes and patiently listened as I asked GOD to bless him and watch over him. Truly, may our Gracious LORD grant him wisdom, faith, direction and protection.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMOS, I Love U!





You are so right! There is no feeling to compare to holding our child's child in our arms for the first time! Being a grandparent is a blessing that I'm so thankful for.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing...and happy birthday to Amos!
Blessings, Joan
Happy:) Birthday to Amos! He so cute! and for sure they grow up so fast! My first grand just turned 13! in Feb. I just cannot believe how time has passed, but those memories last a life time! Have a Happy and Blessed wk-end!
ReplyDeleteI agree that the years go so quickly & am thankful for Skype, too! Did you happen to see the Skype cartoon on my (secondary) blog? I couldn't resist posting it the other day!
ReplyDeletePraying for you, Jess. (I saw the facebook comment.) ♥
Happy Birthday Amos!! WooHoo...Five Years Old!
ReplyDeleteHow special, Jess, that you could watch him opening your gifts and to pray with him over the phone lines. :)
I'm sure you're excited to visit "GrandmaLand" real soon! :) Love you! ---Michelle
Hi Jess, I can't believe he is that big, either. Emily will be 6 soon! Too crazy!! No baby yet...waiting patiently! God's timing is always perfect!!
ReplyDeleteCome over to my blog! There is a surprise for you! :o)
Love ya,
Becky
Morning jessica,
ReplyDeleteand Oh My Heavens, I can't believe Amos is 5 already, where does the time go!!
He is such a cutie, and what a great thing skype is!! How nice that you can see him and pray for him on his birthday. Technology is wonderful when it is used for good things isn't it!!
Also Congratulations on being Becky's winner,
looks like lots of pretty goodies will be coming your way......fun things to look forward to,
so glad you won!!
Have a great weekend,
Love ya, Nellie
Well, how about THAT! Amos shares a birthday with one of my sisters! You are a great grandma with these fantastic ideas. I know how much you miss being there in person...He is SO CUTE!!
ReplyDeleteyou have a blog award at http://mistressofmydomain.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete