Thursday, July 21, 2011

Exploding Scrapbook!

What do I love to do when I carve out the time?
Point, click, edit photos, print and scrapbook!
These pictures are of a novel "album" that folds up into a box with a lid that you make.  It's probably called an exploding scrapbook because once you lift the lid, the panels "explode" open, each with a picture.


I learned to do this at a ladies event called "Legacy" at my new church.  The morning session involved crafts, a speaker and light lunch.  The main purpose for the event is to invite friends and neighbors for fellowship and to spread a legacy of grace and friendship.


It takes 13 photos to fill the "layers" of this exploding scrapbook and I chose pictures of our recent move.


I recently had two new friends come over to learn how to make this unique scrapbook. It took 3 hours from start to finish (with their wallet size photos already selected and cut out).

A top view.

I hope you make the time for some creative endeavor...crafts, cooking or gardening, etc.
It will surely make your heart smile!
Blessings and Hugs ~

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea; I have never seen this before......Where would I go to get instructions?

    By the way, your is beautiful......

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your example is very attractive, Jess! I was especially happy to see you use the words, "my new church". Somehow that sounded really sweet to my ears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being creative and laughing are two things that refresh me! Thanks for sharing this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica,
    That is a really cute idea, and yours came out so well, very pretty.
    So glad to see you are feeling more at home there
    and in your new church especially, that is great to hear hon.
    So happy to hear you are feeling a bit more plugged in, course, know it takes time to build really close friendships, but seems to me you are on your way.
    Take Care,
    Love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.