Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Nineteen Minutes just short of...

HEAVEN!

For long distance grandmas...skype is just short of Heaven!
I talked with my daughter and grandsons using this video technology for 19 minutes today.
Through the computer monitor, I drank them in with my ears and eyes, latching on to every smile and giggle.

Often, I have a stuffed animal or silly hat on my desk to make them laugh.
I taught the older one to play "Simon Says" a couple of years ago and now that he is FIVE, I think he finds the game a bit boring, but the younger one will be able to join in soon.

How I miss seeing them regularly.  Even a once a month visit would fill my emotional tank like nothing else I can think of.  But I have to trust GOD that in the Big scheme of things He has a reason we are separated and He can bring good out of it.

Well... next time I think I'll blow bubbles.

3 comments:

  1. Awww Jess I know you miss those babies. Thank goodness for technology so you can at least see them and have a visit that way.
    Hugs,
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blowing Bubbles! How Amos & Jeremiah would just love that! I can just hear their squeals of laughter & delight! :)
    I can only imagine......only 4 1/2 months for me to experience the joy of being a grandma! And yes, a long-distance grandma like yourself. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this precious message! As a Grandma I so understand! May God reveal His purpose and comfort your Grandma heart and give you and your grand kids LOADS of moments of love and laughter up close!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.