I'm a FaceBook Junkie.
I probably need therapy.
Checking my FB page at least 4-5 times a day is pretty obsessive.
But, I come by this "need to connect" honestly.
Really, it's not about being nosey.
I mean, it stems from my childhood and torments my adulthood.
Since Hubby and I live hundreds of miles from our family,
my heart knows a lot of "missing."
Missing the mundane events in my children's lives, missing opportunities to help with the grandchildren, missing relaxed meals and fun game nights. Okay, I'm also missing a lot of poopy diapers and trips to the ER too. How about you?
Then this morning, while browsing through a delightful book entitled "The Art of Taking Tea" compiled by Kim Waller and the editors of Victoria Magazine, I read this:
"One Life is never enough.
It's through our friends, above all, that we get to
lead many lives,
some close to ours,
some branching far from our own experience.
Perhaps that's why school and college reunions
are often so exhilarating~
like a mix of home movies and gripping novels."
Indeed. Perhaps that's why Facebook is so addicting!
~Thank you Friends for sharing life with me. ~



I enjoy it also! I'm on a lot as well. I love being able to keep in touch with everyone and especially our daughter down in Florida! Beautiful poem and a beautiful picture of your mom!
ReplyDeleteI can't figure it out! It is supposed to be user friendly by Zuckermn never even consulted me!! Last night I was out with my friends and they all raved about the joys of Facebook..
ReplyDeleteI am your newer follower..pls follow back if you can.