Monday, April 16, 2012

PEACE Anyone?

Often elusive in this chaotic world, peace is priceless!
We frantically search for it, even subconsciously, because we were made to crave it.
Peace with others, Peace with GOD, Peace with ourselves.


Have you seen the bumper sticker of a few years ago...so simple and so profound:
"Know Jesus, know Peace."
JESUS is the source of All PEACE.

Here are the meditations of author Sarah Young in "Jesus Calling," from April 2nd.
Listen as if the Savior was speaking them directly to your heart...

"...Your deepest, most constant need is for My Peace.
I have planted Peace in the garden of your heart,
                             where I live;
           but there are weeds growing there too:
                  pride, worry, selfishness, unbelief.
I am the Gardener, and I am working to rid your heart
                 of those weeds.

I do My work in various ways.
When you sit quietly with Me,
I shine the Light of My Presence
                          directly into your heart.
In this heavenly Light, Peace grows abundantly and weeds shrivel up.

I also send trials into your life.
When you trust Me in the midst of trouble,
Peace flourishes and weeds die away.
Thank Me for troublesome situations:
The Peace they can produce far outweighs the trials you endure."

                (Philippians 4:19 / 2 Corinthians 4:17)
           
                              HIS PEACE Be With You!

6 comments:

  1. Well... you know how I feel about peace... Peace. Jesus is my Peace; I've been relying heavily of this component of his character in recent days. When all else around me gives way, Jesus is my constant Peace. He works.

    ~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that I can have peace and be stressed at the same time. I think Paul alludes to this in his writings. We can be pressed on every side and yet keep our focus and our trust in the One who gives the peace that passes all human understanding. It is so true, that peace in the midst of trials flourishes when we realize that nothing comes to us without first passing through the fingers of God. His peace be with you too Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess, I forgot to bring my devotional with me and I just love Jesus Calling, so thank you for posting this. I've read this post every year and I thought Peace, hum, but it spoke so clearly to my heart today. Sending lots of love to you!
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young and read it often. This one touched my heart this morning. I'm so glad I stopped by to read your post.

    Life has been so hectic lately with work and moving. My quiet time has been decreased in time lately. I long to be settled and spend more time with Him. It absolutely makes a huge difference in my day. His peace calms me and allows me to weather storms in His arms; the safest place to be.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post, Jess. As I was "praying for the peace of Jerusalem" this week, I saw it in a new light: peace for all the people there of different nationalities and religious backgrounds...that will come through a supernatural revelation of Christ Jesus as Messiah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jessica,
    I love the Jesus Calling book as well. It just really speaks to me on every page. We were reading it part of the time Jim was laid off and it was so helpful.
    So at the start of the year I decided to start over and journal along with it. It has been great...........
    Hope you are doing well. Becky told me got to spend some time with you. Know that was a blessing to you both...........

    You have a good and peaceful day......

    Love ya, Nellie
    Say Hi to Tony for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.