Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cruise Control

Up for a drive on the beach?

The best thing for me about living in Florida
is the 40 minute drive to the beach
and the privilege of cruising on the sand
right next to the waves!

This is a photo of my '04 PT Cruiser
with custom paint job...
we call it my "mid-life crisis wheels!"

The beach buggy motif is the result of
my darling son's little "incident" when he
backed the vehicle out of our garage and
"rubbed" it up against the family mini-van!
Since repairs and paint were required
I decided to make lemonade out of lemons
with an artsy touch.

Well let me tell you, when I designed the color scheme
it didn't occur to me that
I would always be recognizable
in this car!
Everyone in town knows it belongs to me.
Even the pregnancy center is often located
by the "cool car" out front.
People know when I'm at church
and when I'm at Office Depot.
If I go to Dunkin Donuts
everyone will know that I'm there!

(However, if the car is seen speeding,
it's probably my hubby behind the wheel...
though everyone will think it's me!)

I just began to drive again after 7 weeks of recovery,
and it is wonderful to feel so independent!
I rejoice is what I once took for granted.
How about you?

Are you thankful for the "little things" in your life
that truly are luxuries to most of the world?
Hot water, inside toilets, central heat or A/C,
food in the pantry, clean clothes, new shoes
your 10 year old car and clean sheets.
~~~
Thank You LORD for ALL of these blessings.
Please take over the driver's seat in my life
so that I will cruise
where YOU want me to go.
Help me to be content
wherever YOU lead me.

6 comments:

  1. A cruise on the beach...sounds wonderful!!
    I recently got to take my car to the ocean also and drive on the sand...my first time...it was so fun! John said it's similiar to the feeling of driving on snow. :) Love you!
    Happy driving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to take a cruise on the beach with you in your cool car! So glad you are feeling better and are out and about enjoying the outdoors again. Have fun! Only 4 months from now and I will be on the beaches of Florida. WOO HOO! Can't wait.
    Hugs,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just made me smile ear to ear!! I love seeing your car at the beach, Jess!! I guess because it is SO cool, and because I know what great love we share for the coast!! Cruising with ya, sweetie!!

    Thanks so much for your encouraging words and prayers today!! You really blessed me, my dear friend!

    Lots of love,
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOO funny about everyone knowing where you are by sighting your unique Cruiser! (In a small way, that's me with my green and purple bicycle!)

    I'm happy with and FOR you, Jess! You must be feeling liberated now that you can drive again.

    Happy trails to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I could live where I am now but have the beach 40 minutes or less away I'd be there probably 3 x's per week :) Thanks for sharing with us and enjoy!! Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica,
    That is so funny about your lil car...never thought about that..... it being so recognizable to everyone! Course, with my forgetfulness I would probably think that car belongs to someone I know but I can't remember who right now!! lol
    So glad to hear you are able to drive again, I am sure that is a wonderful feeling of independence.
    and yes, I am so thankful for all the things you mentioned cause we are so blessed it is
    beyond imagination! We truly are!
    Very good post, and good reminder to us all.
    Love ya, Nellie
    Have a great time driving around!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.