NOT!
We had the privilege of bringing her homefor a visit twice.
Both times I had an asthma reaction
so there is not doubt that it would be
very unhealthy for me to adopt her.
Oh, how I love animals and especially puppies!
Yet, I've been allergic since the age of 8,
especially to cats and rabbits...their dander
is a major allergen for me.
Unfortuantely my favorite people always seem
to have cats and I have to avoid their
houses because of the asthma I suffer.
And though I've had a few dogs during my lifetime
it seems I am more sensitive to dog dander than ever.
So how should I handle this BIG disappointment...
look to Jesus, my best friend.
HE knows everything about me,
my joys and fears,
my longings and cares.
In the light of eternity, my desire for something I can not have
seems pretty inconsequential.
And I am reminded of a contemporary chorus:
HE is my "all in all."
~~~
But there's another disappointment I've been shouldering
for weeks. My orthopaedic surgeon gave us
news that my left hip, which I had replaced six years ago,
is experiencing significant problems.
Well, I could have told him that without the X-ray!
I've experienced increased pain on that side while
recovering from my recent surgery.
Apparently something is going wrong with the bone
and I haven't really been ready to deal with the prognosis.
Ever been there?
I feel I need to focus on getting stronger with the new
hip on my right side before I can face whatever will be needed
to correct the emerging problem. To have gone through
such a major surgery, thinking that I was done fixing both
knees and hips, and then to find out that another problem
looms, stresses my emotions and makes me sad.
Yet, I am reminded of an index card placed on my chair
at a Bible Study Fellowship class many years ago ~
It read: "For THIS I have JESUS!"
Amen!
I have so much to be thankful for in my life.
And if I have to wait for heaven to have a puppy
and healthy, dancing legs, I can wait...
because HIS promises are real
and HE does want to bless me.
~~~
God's Love.



Jess, did you ever hear Joni Earickson Tada talk about when she will be dancing in heaven? Well, we'll all have a great wedding party, won't we?
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the allergies/asthma. I'm developing more as I get older. I should send you a picture I took of myself when I had some kind of reaction a month or so ago. I looked like I had been beat up in the face! No idea what it was! Sorry for the discouragement and I don't blame you, over having more problems with the other hip. I'll pray for you, friend!
I've been forming a letter in my mind for the family that is grieving. I'll get it eventually...so hard and I'm praying for them.
Hi Jess, So sorry to hear about your reaction to the puppy you hoped to adopt. Allergies are a drag-I have them as well as asthma and I understand. Also sorry about your hip-but I heard that statement too,not from BSF, but from someone else and love it....yes indeed for this we have Jesus. Blessings and prayers to you dear one.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Noreen
So sorry for your allergies!! And for the news about your other hip. I also love that saying. Isn't it something we all could say? I'll be praying for you and hoping that the decisions you need to make in the near future are ones that you can accept and know that the Lord will be with you!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Jess...so sorry to hear about the allergies and hip. I know that has to be so disappointing to hear that news after everything you have been through. I will be praying for you and believin for your healing too. I have been battling one thing after the other for the past few months myself. Read my post today. You might need to hear the song I posted too.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Tara
"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him." --Romans 15:13
ReplyDelete"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future."
---Jeremiah 29:11
Praying for you today. May the Comforter envelope you.
ReplyDeleteI've been spending my quota of on-line time at the A Woman Inspired webinar this week. I am sorry that I missed your news about your hip situation. I pray that the "For this I have Jesus" statement works itself deep into your interior where it truly is experienced at a level you never could imagine! Sorry about the puppy thing, too. (Not being a great animal lover myself, it's hard for me to be as sympathetic as I'd like to be...but I'd LIKE to be as sympathetic as you need me to be.) I'm rambling a bit here - but I don't need to tell you that.
ReplyDelete