Sunday, March 7, 2010

Without Faith...

How can we cope with life's tragedies?
Without Faith, can this life ever make sense?

God's LOVE supersedes pain and loss,
I know, I've felt it.

HIS comfort is a protective blanket for our
soul and spirit.
HIS truth is an anchor that keeps us
from drifting into despair.

Call up the LORD and HE will be found.
Know that HE is more than able to bring~
Good out of evil
Healing out of pain
Hope out of devastation.
(Brian on the beach)

Please join me and others in praying
for a dear family who just lost their
15 year old son in a senseless car accident.
They are clinging to their faith in God
and casting their despair on Christ.
He WILL carry them and comfort them.
Please pray for Brian's siblings and friends...
that they may meet this wonderful Savior
JESUS
who alone can bring healing out of such sadness.

For this life is but a vapor
and eternity is what truly matters.
Do you belong to Christ?
He is only a prayer away.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! I belong to Christ Jesus. I join with you in praying for Brian's family and friends...may God's comfort and salvation flood the lives and community as a result of this tragedy.

    And you. God is building patience and trust into your character! And what can I say about "carbs"? We went to Fazolis yesterday and I didn't say "no" to the second breadstick. They are my absolute favorite breadsticks in the whole world! After the fog lifts today, I will need to walk an extra hour to "atone" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, this makes my heart hurt too. I lost a 15 yr old brother suddenly so many years ago. I think losing a teenager is particularly difficult, because you never have that chance to get on the other side of the teenage angst and enjoy them as young adults. This family will need prayers, hope, and encouragement for many years to come. I stand with the rest of you in praying God's peace over them. Christ is the only anchor...may they all come to trust Him. He is the only One who can make beauty from ashes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Rebecca and Jacque~
    How I appreciate your tender spirits and prayerful hearts! Thank you for upholding Brian's family in prayer. May our Faithful, Loving GOD draw them ever closer each day and comfort them as only HE can!
    Blessings to you both this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess,
    such a true and beautiful post. Oh, we would so despair of life if it were not for Jesus,
    the author and finisher of our faith.
    At times like this is when we really realize what a great hope that we have.
    It will be a long time of grieving for this precious family, but still they will not grief like all is lost, because they know where their
    precious son is and that they will see him again one day...........what a hope we have!!
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing, precious friend, of this family and their tragic loss. I pray for Brian's parents, siblings, loved ones and friends. That God would draw them closer to Himself. This life is temporary...eternal life is FOREVER. May Brian's loved ones know eternal life and God's love and be comforted by the Lord in many special ways as they wait to someday join Brian in eternity.
    I love you, dear friend. Blessings to you & Tony as you minister His Love to this family.
    Love always------Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. So tender and so true, Jess. You do such lovely things with words, my friend. May God's mercy and grace enfold this family and minister to their hearts. So thankful for the hope they have in Him! So thankful we have it, too!

    Love you,
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read about this tragedy over on Nellie's blog. So sad. My heart goes out to the family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.