Monday, April 19, 2010

A New Grip ~


The dawn of my Race to Celebration...


I got up early and went to the rehab office
for a 30 minute work-out!

Who, me???

Maybe I was dreaming...HA!


No, really! Hubby dropped me off and
went to the gym himself.
With blurry eyes, morning hair and stumbling,
middle aged, out-of-shape bods,
we must have been quite a sight!

But with goals in mind and the clock ticking, we did it!
Thank you to ALL who will pray us through
this 2 month
re-conditioning and re-focusing effort.


I was reminded of this scripture as we returned home:

"No discipline is enjoyable
while it is happening-
it is painful!
But afterward there will be a
quiet harvest of right living
for those who are trained in this way.

So take a new grip with your tired hands
and stand firm on your shaky legs.
Mark out a straight path for your feet."
Hebrews 12:11-13a


Praise God that HE will help us live
more disciplined lives
and His reward is
a quiet harvest of right living!!!

Have a Great Week!

6 comments:

  1. I'll sure be praying for you my friend!! Pray for me, too! Back to my mostly vegan thingy!! And reset goals, as well.

    I always remember that we never fail unless we stop trying!

    Back on the bike for another go at it!!
    Love you!!
    Have a blessed week! He will give you the strength to persevere!!
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there dear friend, I'm with you in being more disciplined about working out and will pray for you as well. I remember being a skinny minny and never gaining any weight and now have to work at losing some. Oh well. Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo!!! Go Jessica! Go Tony! One step at a time.....I'm excited for you both as you venture on this "re-conditioning" season.
    Hugs-----Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Great going! Back on the track to healthy living! Darn emotional rollercoasters.

    Time for some smooth sailing I think.

    All my love,
    Xeta

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. I used to go the the gym faithfully and I felt so much better!! I am proud of you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for the two of you!!!!

    Love that verse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.