Sunday, April 25, 2010

Walking For Life!


Precious Ones,

GOD has called each of us to build His Kingdom
where we are planted~

To share HIS Good News
of redemption and salvation.
And He selectively uses us
wherever we are
and wherever He places us.

Since August of 2000, He has called me
to minister at the local pregnancy care ministry,
providing encouragement, hope
and options for those facing unplanned pregnancies.

There are 3000 such ministries across our great country
where women (and boyfriends or husbands) can encounter
the love and grace of JESUS
through trained volunteers
who are willing to
"stand in the gap" for them.

Most of these CENTERS give practical help
in the form of free pregnancy tests,
access to free ultrasounds,
parenting classes,
maternity clothes,
infant clothes, furniture
and diapers (just to name a few!).

Centers like mine exist on the tax-deductible donations
of individuals, churches and organizations.
Typically Centers host a couple of major fundraising
events each year like the annual "WALK For LIFE."
Our "WALK" is planned for next weekend
and in case you want to support us in prayer,
or even financially, I've included the following
informational letter that I emailed
to friends and family.

Read on to learn more about
what GOD did through us last year!


The past year of ministry at Central Florida Pregnancy Center was a miraculous out-pouring of God’s love and grace! We served 242 women, a total of 716 times! We gave 368 free parenting classes and assisted 92 women with free ultrasounds. Praise God that 29 babies were born to our clients and 8 women changed their minds about abortion. And we praise God that out of 220 times of spiritual sharing, 37 people prayed to ask Christ into their lives!

Truly the Pregnancy Care ministry is God’s heart in our community! It is made up of volunteers from various denominations and ethnic backgrounds and feels a lot like heaven as we labor together (no pun intended!).

Well, it’s time again for the WALK FOR LIFE and I’m writing to ask you to sponsor me. The Walk is scheduled for Saturday, May 1st. This is one of only 3 annual fundraisers so necessary to keeping our doors open and to offering ALL of our services free of charge. Donations of any size are appreciated and the Center will send a statement out by mid May with a tax deductible receipt.

My goal is to raise $1,500 and I need your help to do this especially in this economy. But the need for our services is magnified because of the economy! For truly, in hard times fear multiplies and women are more prone to choose abortion, thinking it their only choice.

Will you help me keep the Center’s doors open?
If you can help with a tax-deductible gift, send me a message with your name, address and the amount and I’ll add you to my sponsor sheet.
I so appreciate your continued prayers and support as I lead the Center
in providing life-affirming alternatives to abortion in our community.

May we, as God's children, be Purposely Pro-life!

3 comments:

  1. Our local fundraiser was the most successful ever this past week raising funds for the crisis pregnancy center! Praise the Lord. Bless you in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful thing that you do. I would love to send you some to help reach your goal. Please send me your address to my email address. I really don't want to put my address here! Philipc@ptd.net

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, I would SO love to contribute, but have had to be sure our local center & other commitments are honored. I KNOW God will pour out blessings on you & your ministry there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.