Thursday, June 10, 2010

On the road again...

My Hubby and I sped up I-95 on Monday the 7th,
en route to see our kids in Kentucky.
Praise God that we were safe and survived
the many hours on the road.
We drove 9 hours on Monday,
6 hours on Tuesday
and 2+ hours on Weds.
We couldn't be late for a very important date...
the arrival of grandson #2.
Filling up our "new" 2007 Sienna van in southern Georgia.
(Surprised by the low prices)
Charming Tourist shops add "flavor" to southern exits.
We made it from the Orlando area to Asheville, NC on the first day.
I must admit that my over 50 body
doesn't handle the long hauls like it used to.
I was feeling a tad cranky by the time we
parked for the night.
Avoided this temptation!
In Texas, DQs are known as
Texas STOP SIGNS.
(do I get a witness Tara?)
A view of rollings hills, so novel and enjoyed by us Floridians.
No trip is complete without a crisis.
Some are small like this one...
Hubby had a stye in his eye
and was showing signs of pink eye.
Stopped in the walk-in clinic for a prescription.
Only took 2 and a half hours before we could
get on our way!

We finally reached the Tennessee border...Woo Hoo!

The mountains were beautiful and the weather was nice.
When we arrived in Kentucky, I was so caught up
with visiting our son that I forgot to take more photos.
But FAMLY is the reason for the trip
and I'll have more to share tomorrow!
Blessings Precious Ones.

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful scenic trip. We have taken it a few times and enjoyed it so much.
    And YES a DQ is a must in Texas. They have the best ice cream ever!
    So thankful you had a safe trip. Congrats to you all on the birth of the your new grandson.
    hugs,
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the pics and I'm looking forward to the new grandbaby. Enjoy this time! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving sharing your trip with you through the pictures and stories! :)
    Love you all!....Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.