
I pray that this third week of Advent
will find you pacing yourself!
As friends, wives, moms and grandmothers,
there is always so much more to do
than any 24 hour day will permit!
And I really dislike the "8 shopping days til Christmas!”
announcements, don’t you?
Who came up with THAT idea anyway?
Probably some merchandising executive
will find you pacing yourself!
As friends, wives, moms and grandmothers,
there is always so much more to do
than any 24 hour day will permit!
And I really dislike the "8 shopping days til Christmas!”
announcements, don’t you?
Who came up with THAT idea anyway?
Probably some merchandising executive
in a three piece suit whose wife
does ALL the Christmas planning, shopping,
cooking, card writing, wrapping, cleaning, inviting,
hosting, thanking, packing away, etc.
Feeling tired yet?
And then there is the challenge of keeping
cooking, card writing, wrapping, cleaning, inviting,
hosting, thanking, packing away, etc.
Feeling tired yet?
And then there is the challenge of keeping
everyone HEALTHY
while partaking of as many Christmas functions
while partaking of as many Christmas functions
as possible! “Oh Lord, PLEASE Help us!”
I think a new game plan may be in order...
To truly appreciate the miracle of
Christ’s Love and the Hope He brings,
A single present per family member,
A nutritious meal,
A reflective reading of God’s Word,
Attending Church as a Family
and a Birthday Cake for Jesus…
might make for a reverent, healthy celebration.
I think a new game plan may be in order...
To truly appreciate the miracle of
Christ’s Love and the Hope He brings,
A single present per family member,
A nutritious meal,
A reflective reading of God’s Word,
Attending Church as a Family
and a Birthday Cake for Jesus…
might make for a reverent, healthy celebration.
But old patterns and expectations are hard to change…
Maybe next year!



I'm all with you on the single present! I've been trying to "talk" to my family, not my hubby and kids, but the rest of the gang to just come without presents and we can just enjoy Christmas and eat and talk and have fun. Not the craziness of opening gifts and the mess and the attention all on the gifts, not the main reason why we celebrate. No one has yet agreed!! But I'm working on them!!! Great post. Great reminder! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteDear friend, it's been a busy time as I'm sure it's been for you. I pray that all is well with you and have been praying for you physically as the LORD brings you to mind.
ReplyDeleteWanted to come by to wish you and your family an absolutely beautiful CHRISTmas and New Year.
Be well and I look forward to visiting more in 2010.
whoops, I missed seeing this post. I have been pacing myself better than any other year, perhaps. But I still have not done any baking which is a passion of mine, though I have all the stuff I need in the house! Every day has been full between babysitting the grands and taking care of mom. I looked at my journal from a year ago and saw that on Dec 22 and Dec 23 I stayed up till 3 am each night getting things done. That won't happen this year! I just physically cannot do that kind of thing anymore! I'm grateful that I've been able to stick with my morning devotions which has helped me tremendously in the stress department! And the many craft things I've been able to do with my granddaughter in particular have filled me with so much joy (and no calories like baking!) Been thinking about you, friend. When is your surgery? How are you doing, anticipating it? Much Christmas love is being sent your way!
ReplyDelete