Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pondering God's Extreme LOVE


In his book "In the Grip of Grace,"
Max Lucado wrote the following:


There is no way our little minds
can comprehend the love of God.
But that didn't keep Him from coming...

From the cradle in Bethlehem
to the cross of Jerusalem
we've pondered the love of our Father.

What can you say to that kind of emotion?
Upon learning that God would rather die
than live without you, how do you react?

How can you begin to explain such passion?


"I pray that you...will have the power to understand
the greatness of Christ's love ~
how wide and how long and how high and how deep
that love is."

Ephesians 3:18

6 comments:

  1. I found myself getting angry at someone because I had done a lot for them, and they never even said thanks. How many times do I take God's love for granted but blame Him when something goes "wrong"?
    That was a great quote from Max Lucado. God bless you, Jess, and have a merry Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It leaves me speechless! I can't help wondering.
    Such love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often spend time thinking how much God must love me to give me all He has given me, and on top of that He died for me so I can have His free gift of salvation? How do you say thanks? For me, it's been living my life, my entire life for Him. What a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been "hearing" a lot lately about how God loves us and delights in us just because he DOES, not because of anything special we've done or how hard we've worked to serve Him. Like Rebecca, I'm left speechless and pondering...We live in such a "performance orientation" type of world that it truly baffles the mind to think that God loves us in spite of ourselves, with an everlasting love that will never fail us. Thanks for the beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica,
    Feeling a lil better today, fever gone, but still not up to snuff, but hopefully soon.
    probably want be at church tomorrow, but did my hair just in case.
    What a Good post, we always need reminders of Gods love for us.
    I always love a story I heard by a lady named Annabelle Gilham about how God taught her about his love for her. She had a profoundly retarded child, she had her child home visiting from the Special needs home where they had finally had to send him.
    It was the day he was to go back, and she was doing the dishes as he sat in a chair there with a drooling bib on, and every so often she would go over and look into his face with great desperation to try to reach him and say Mason, I love you so much, and she would stand back up and cry a lil bit and then do it again, and she so longed to hear him say I love you too Mommy, and about the 3rd time she did it when she went back to doing the dishes and crying the Lord spoke to her heart and said Annabelle, you don't not love Mason because he can't eat by himself, or because he drools or can't talk, you love him just because he is yours, but you willfully reject my love, and I love you for the same reason Just because you're mine.
    I think that is a profound picture of God's love for us! I heard that story probably when I was around 35-36 and it made a huge impact on me, and I still love to think about it, cause it is so true and so comforting.
    What a God we serve, and what a savior we have who goes thru and knows all we go thru
    and is in the mess with us! Doesn't get any
    better than that!!
    Will be praying you stay well my friend,
    want to see you have a great time with your family!
    thanks for your prayers for me as well.
    Love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sweet Jess,
    Lovely post! Hope all is well with you. I've been a little under the weather this week, so much to do! Gotta keep my focus on what the season is truly about.
    toodles....tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.