
Oh dear...
I've gone and done it!
My spirit is flagging because I've caught a cold.
And my heart screams "It's not fair!"
I HATE being sick and I really don't like anyone else
being sick either...especially at Christmas!
Our first Christmas here in Florida is a bad memory
because of the six of us (Hubby, children and grandparents)
only two of us were healthy ~ my step dad and me!
Everyone else barely had the energy to open gifts
with eyes at half mast, between blowing their noses
and coughing spasms.
"Oh Lord, please bring quick healing so that I don't
pass this cold on to anyone else...especially 3 yo Amos
or his pregnant Mama.
Please keep the kids safe as they fly (and some drive)
ALL the way from Kentucky!
Help me to have a good attitude and trust You that
we can still have a nice celebration of Your Birth
with sweet fellowship together. Amen."
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding ~
but in all your ways acknowledge Him
and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6



Jessica,
ReplyDeleteOh, so sorry to hear you are sick now! Will pray yours passes quicker than ours. Know you are really looking forward to the kids being here, will pray you all have a wonderful time no matter what!!
Love ya, Nellie
Thanks Nellie ~
ReplyDeleteI soooo appreciate your prayers!
Love ya back. =)
Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Make sure to take vitamin C, Emergen-C is good to drink. May the Lord grant you healing and safe traveling mercies to your family members.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed Christmas, dear one.
Feel better soon! Santa's coming!!!
ReplyDeleteOh no! I'm so sorry! We have all been fighting "it" too. Hubby missed work a couple days last week. I've had the cough since about Thanksgiving, and have been through a round of antibiotics and prednisone. No longer really "sick", but then not really "well" either. I will be praying for you! I know how much you have anticipated your family's arrival. When is the new grandbaby due? :) :)
ReplyDeleteOh Lord please lift Jess up in body, mind, and spirit. Grant her a happy and healthy time with her family during this precious season of celebration of the world's greatest gift. AMEN!
I pray you will be feeling better!!! I remember one year my mother was sick on Christmas Eve. REALLY sick. But she never let on and made our fabulous meal, sat through all the gift opening and then cleaned up everything and went to bed. We realized something was wrong when she went to bed and my dad went up to check on her and she had such a high fever. I was so concerned. And in awe that she was able to hide it from us.
ReplyDeleteI hope that by Christmas Eve your cold will be manageable and you'll be able to enjoy your wonderful family!!!
Hi Jess,
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are feeling better with your cold.
You must have gotten the one Scott had, his never really took route thankfully. Jim got over his quicker too. I had a fever about 4 days into mine so think I might have gotten a virus as well. Anyway, so glad to hear you are better, will be praying for your hip hon.
I know that has to be awful. So glad the kids got in and you are able to enjoy them so much.
Hope you all have A Joyously Wonderful Christmas with no sickness!
Give them all a hug and kiss for us.
Love ya, Nellie