Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Decisions, Decisions...

Why is it that sometimes life seems so overwhelming?
We want to do the right thing, be a blessing to our families and to God,
but sometimes there are too many choices!

My thinking can get all jumbled up like a pretzel,
or frenzied like a pool of Koi wanting to be fed!


Do you struggle sometimes with indecisiveness?

I've been wrestling with the opportunity to start a direct sales business on top of
my already busy schedule. It involves a product I enjoy
and would give met a platform to minister
to women that I might never meet otherwise.

But how much energy do I have to invest
when my "day" job at the Pregnancy Center
demands so much attention?
And then there is my writing
that I continually shuffle to the back of the shelf.
But...   But...   But...

Nineteen years ago, I faced a similar decision and ventured forth.
When my schedule got too crowded
I ended up with a case of shingles the
night before Thanksgiving. 
Then I heard the Lord whisper to my heart:
"I did not call you to this."
Needless to say, I stepped out of that activity immediately.

Today, this scripture came to mind:
"For God is not a God of confusion, but of peace."
                                 1 Corinthians 14:33

And I know that God's Word is true when it directs us to...

"Trust the LORD with all of your heart
  and lean not on your own understanding.
  In all of your ways~
  acknowledge HIM and He will
direct your paths."
                                 Proverbs 3:5-6

So ... I'll wait on HIM, listening and following
so that His peace with permeate my life again!

6 comments:

  1. Such truth! I claim Proverbs 3: 5-6 daily!!! He will give you peace.

    You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jessica, thank you for this post today. I, also, am struggling with a job decision. I really needed to hear what you wrote today.
    "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." ---Psalm 37:4
    Love you, dear friend! ---Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Jess!

    Pray
    Wait
    Listen for His direction, timing and will for you.

    He indeed is NOT a GOD of confusion. Satan is the author of confusion as the Bible tells us.

    The way I had to learn to live my life is discerning the difference between a "good idea" and a God-ordained purpose. There are many things I'd like to do and some I'm even certain would help draw others to Christ BUT when I've stepped in without His timing and purpose I became worn/burned out, more frustrated and out of balance so I learned through consistent prayer to quiet myself and even when people attempt to draw me into involving in things that are "good ideas", I pray. I wait on GOD.

    I will pray for you in what you've shared here and also what you shared in your comment to me yesterday.

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Echoing Lisa's experience with the challenge of separating "good ideas" from God-ordained purposes! May you soon see your way (HIS way) clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, been there, done that, many times. Of all the good things there are to do while we are on this earth, we need to seek to know those things God has intended for us before we were ever born. I love Ephesians 2:10:
    "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." I will pray you will know His peace as you make this decision. (I'm still in process of writing an email to you...now you know why it hasn't come through...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have read my mind today, Jess! Boy, did I need to read this!!! Thank you and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.