Precious Ones,
I received some hard news today and I'm struggling to have a God honoring attitude.
Sometimes the hurricanes of life sneak up on us, threatening to engulf and drown our joy.
***
In this case, it wasn't a surprise, in fact I've know since early March that the prognosis might not be favorable. You see, when I went for my 6 week check-up after my Right hip replacement last January, I complained about increased pain on the Left side. THAT hip had been replaced in 2004. I know, I am too young to be so bionic, but I've gone through 4 joint replacements in 7 years!
***
During that March visit, the doctor took x-rays and said that my pelvic bone had been pulling away from the implant on the Left side (ie: disintegrating) and we should wait 6 months to see what needed to be done.
I think he was giving me time to heal physically and prepare mentally for the decision I would face today.
My Left hip must be revised and it will involve a bone graft from a cadaver. Gee, sounds like a challenge to me!
But, nothing too Big for me to handle with the help of Christ!
Just another chance for me to live
the truth that I believe ...
the only thing that matters about this life is
that we love God and bring Him honor.
HE is my anchor, my lighthouse and will get me through the STORM!
Still, I'm a little teary and need to re-focus.I have to plan and prepare for the major fundraising event that keeps the doors of the Pregnancy Center open. So, as I come to grips with surgery planned for Thanksgiving time and recovery through Christmas,
please pray for me to trust GOD and not give in to fear.
How about you?
What storms or trials are challenging you right now?
The loss of work, pain in a relationship, or declining health?
Stand with me on the promise of God written to the Christians in Rome by the Apostle Paul...
"And we know that in ALL things GOD works for the good
of those who love Him,
who have been called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28





Ok, Girlfriend just read this post! I am so sorry to hear this news; but as I said in my post the other day that He's God on the mountain top, and He's still God in the valley!and I just know that He will see you through because of your sweet spirit and Faith! Believe this and claim life to yourself every moment! I will stand with you and believe with you! Love you sweet friend, Praying for you!:).
ReplyDeleteI, too, will pray for you. I pray He gives peace for each day. You are such a blessing to many!
ReplyDeleteLord, I pray for Jess today. Thank You for comforting her with Your Word. Thank you that Your kingdom has come and Your Will is done in her life. Thank you that Your Spirit flows through her.
ReplyDeleteDear Jessica, I will be in prayer for you and Tony as you digest this information and make the next decisions. You have a beautiful attitude about this "storm" and I know that God will hold you through it all....step by step.
ReplyDeleteOh....and remember, "The Best Is Yet To Come!"
Love you, sweet friend & sister. --Michelle
I know that was hard news to get Jess. Surgeries are tough, but i know you are a strong woman with a lot of faith in God to see you through this set back. I will be praying for you and with you, my friend.
ReplyDeleteMy trial right now is these allergies that are keeping me from working and when I am working being 100% because that is what it takes to keep up with these lil ones.
hugs,
tara
I'm writing another comment just in case mine didn't get to you. I'm so sorry Jess! I wish I was there to give you a hug. Lord, keep Jess safe till the storm passes by...
ReplyDeleteI'll try to email you soon...May your soul be lifted up in spite of the circumstances. God is near. He loves you and so do I!
Love you Mom. Always in prayer for you!
ReplyDeleteDear Jess,
ReplyDeleteI am always blessed to visit your blog because you let the light of Christ shine through.
Today the Pastor shared a study from the book of Habakkuk. The Lord has used these verses to minister to me through difficult trials. My prayer is that they may minister to you...
"Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls-- Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." ~ Habakkuk 3:17-19
You will be in my prayers along with the prayers of your friends and family, but more blessed is to know that you are in the Master's hands.
Blessings,