GOD has been so good to me in our recent transition. Despite the loneliness I've felt leaving my friends and ministry in Florida, HE has provided in wondrous ways!
Knowing how much I cherish relationships, He placed me in a lovely duplex between two precious women!
Kim lives on the right side of my house and Gaye lives in the house to my left. We all moved in last March, within 10 days of each other! How's THAT for logistics?
Kim and her family have "adopted" us and included us in five birthday parties already! We instantly came to care for her and her whole crew...her dear husband and the four boys they share between them.
In fact, I am blessed to help with after-school care for one of the 10 year olds, a couple times a week. I get to play cards with this neat kid and feel a small part of his life. Since my own grandchildren live far away, this helps fill that void. How wonderful is that for a long-distance grandma?GOD's favor continued to meet more of my needs as my sweet neighbor Gaye welcomed me into her life.
She has a delightful laugh, keen wit and generous spirit. I cherish the opportunity to honor her as I would my own mom.
And there are many other "Blessings" in my life at the moment...I just don't have their pictures yet!
New friends like Gail and Janice and Charlotte...each so precious and cornerstones to the foundation I am laying in coastal Georgia. And then there are the sweet gals from my Weds. Bible Study class who have enfolded me into their group at church.
"Thank You JESUS, for placing me
just where You wanted me!
And for providing such wonderful ladies
to bond with.
Bless each one I pray...
let them know how much You love them.
Amen."



Hi! Jess, what JOY I hear in this post! Love the neighborly Friendships that I know God placed just for you!! It sounds like God had all this planned even before you knew it!! I love how He works:) Have a great Thursday!
ReplyDeleteSomething I really miss is the "neighborlyness" we used to have when everyone was new in our allotment. 16 years later, most have moved away and its just not the same. So happy you are finding this joy now Jess! How's the job going for Tony??
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet! Glad you're adjusting and making friends!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! So blessed to hear how God is blessing you, dear sister!
ReplyDeleteNow this is VERY cool, Jess! I'm SO happy with you and for you. Thanks be to God.
ReplyDelete