Friday, September 30, 2011

UNPLUGGED!

My internet service went down for over 80 hours. GASP!

It felt like my left hand had been cut off.

Really!

No email, no FB, no blogging, oh my!
After numerous calls to our DSL provider, and hours of waiting to talk to someone who could fix it, and many efforts by my sweet husband to unplug and re-plug and “connect”…I gave up, gave in, cried “Uncle!”

Despite my frustration with limited cell phone reception (which was enhanced through my now defunct wireless connection), I’ve decided to count my blessings instead of losses.

I can still use the old fashioned corded phone, the TV still works so I can get news if I need it and snail mail is still delivered (the last time I checked).
I realize that I am TOO Dependent on the worldwide web for my own good!

How about you?

Maybe it’s time for me to back off and invest more time in book reading, letter writing and prayer.
So, please cut me some slack if my blog isn’t up to date or I don’t answer your emails.
I’m still here.

2 comments:

  1. HI Jessica,
    Yea, it is oh so true, how dependent we get on just about any conveniences, and so true of the web as well. Over the years when we buy anything new like appliances, I have learned that the more bells and whistles it has, the more stuff to go
    wrong with it..........so would just rather not get used to it to begin with........keeps life a bit more simple.
    You are so right we definitely have to guard our hearts cause there are so many things that can
    steal away the better things if we are not careful, again............it all comes back to balance.
    Good post, and happy reading, writing, and prayer!! Good for you...........trying to maintain balance is a good thing, as Martha would say!! lol
    and good for you..........you counted your blessings instead of your annoyances, and see what great things you learned, love it!
    God is so good.
    Love and Blessings sweetie,
    Nellie

    Say hello to Tony for us,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sympathize, Jess. I am only able to get online on the weekends now (at the library). I miss reading my friends' blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.