Two years ago, I shared my baby grandson’s
utter delight as he experienced the sand and surf
of the ocean for the first time.
I witnessed total fascination and joy
as he felt the gooey sand between his fingers
and the glittery water surrounding him!
and the glittery water surrounding him!
He was free to enjoy the moment because
his mother was safely by his side.
Precious Ones,
We can experience the blessings of our Heavenly Father
with the same untainted exuberance.
Despite the challenges of
our overly complex, modern society,
He is calling us to rejoice in Him.
Is something holding you back from embracing
God’s goodness today?
Do you need to crawl up into His lap
or run for the awesome covering of His wing?
It pleases Him when His children choose Joy
instead of giving into the frustrations of our days.
The great news is that His Holy Spirit enables us
to rise above the disappointments, hurts and failures
of this life to rest in God’s Grace.
And it sure helps to have friends who pray us through!
Amen?
He is calling us to rejoice in Him.
Is something holding you back from embracing
God’s goodness today?
Do you need to crawl up into His lap
or run for the awesome covering of His wing?
It pleases Him when His children choose Joy
instead of giving into the frustrations of our days.
The great news is that His Holy Spirit enables us
to rise above the disappointments, hurts and failures
of this life to rest in God’s Grace.
And it sure helps to have friends who pray us through!
Amen?
Soon I will once again enjoy my grandson at the beach.
At 3 yrs. old, he will undoubtedly have a blast!
I know I will.
Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4



Oh Jess, I love this post. It just warmed me all up inside! We have had numerous frustrations of late, and I have chosen joy and delight in the Lord and it makes all the difference!
ReplyDeleteThese pics are too precious for words! I know you can't wait to see them in a few days!
Call ya later!
Love ya,
Beck
Hi there Jess, Love the joy in your post! Your daughter and precious grandson are beautiful and I can tell how you are looking forward to seeing them. I miss the beach! Have a joyous time with them.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Noreen
What a cute boy! Can't wait to see you soon mom.
ReplyDeleteDear Jess,
ReplyDeleteI wanted to welcome you to "blogland" and to thank you for joining "Confessions of a Sugar Aficionado". I appreciate the support and encouragement. If you would like to get to know me better, feel free to visit my other blogs: www.blossomingwhereiamplanted.blogspot.com and www.chimechristinme.blogspot.com
Blessings,
By the way,
ReplyDeleteYour grandson is adorable. You and your daughter have beautiful smiles.
Blessings,