Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy “Dependence” Day!

Precious Ones,

July 4th fast approaches, and once again
we will pause to be grateful for AMERICA,
Land of the free and the brave.

Despite all the changes and challenges in our country,
we still have the privilege of living in
a great nation.

Our commitment to Freedom
is what made our country so prosperous…
Freedom to value the potential in every individual,
to use one’s talents and gifts to contribute to society,
to live where we want, speak our mind
and worship God.

~~~~~~~~~~
The way I best experience Freedom
is in my relationship with Christ.
HE has set me free from sin to
know HIS love and grace.

I am dependent on HIM for Hope, Peace and Love.

The trust I experience in knowing Him reminds me
of the relationship my 3 year old grandson
has with his parents.

Here's our little "Firecracker!"


He is free to experience much joy in his young life
Because he trusts his mom and dad explicitly.
Their consistent care for him gives him

a sense of security and freedom
that echoes how God treats me. :)

Tucked under Dad’s chin…
Safe in Dad’s arm’s!

Oh, to be that dependent

on my Faithful Heavenly Father!

~ Praying that you will tuck yourself under the LORD’s care ~

6 comments:

  1. You expressed it so perfectly that there is absolutely nothing more that I can add other than Amen!

    Your Grandson and his Dad are handsome.

    Blessings and peace to you dear Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for another wonderful jewel. I am collecting them and storing them for future reference along the way. You should write a devotional book and share your jewels. I WOULD PURCHASE IT!
    I needed that wonderful reminder today. Have a blessed 4th!
    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....you should write a devotional book...I second that!!! This is such a lovely picture of God's love and the freedom we can have in Him!
    Jess, so glad you started bloggin'! So many, including me, will be blessed.

    Thanks for sharing from your heart! Love the pics, too!
    Love and hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures! Beautifully written!

    "Freedom to value the potential in every individual,
    to use one's talents and gifts to contribute to society,to live where we want, speak our mind,
    and worship God."

    And let's not forget what separates this is Country is we are free not to worship God. Or, the same God.

    Happy 4th of July!

    Love, Xeta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Xeta ~
    Isn't it amazing that God gave us a free will to either choose Him or not.
    He's ever the gentleman and will not force us.
    Blessings to you this Independence Day.
    You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are blessed! Thank you for a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.