Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Friendship~ a Priceless Treasure


I am indeed a wealthy woman.
By God's infinite grace
I have lived many places
and made precious friends wherever I went.

Some folks need a crowd of acquaintances to feel
content. Others are "singularly bonded" and need
just one special person or mate.
And then there are those who relish
the deep friendship of several people
who get to know them through "thick and thin."
I fit the latter category, craving the comfort of
relationships built on trust and transparency.
Friendship is something I truly treasure!

Back in 1988, a dear friend gave me this framed print.

(If friends were flowers, I'd pick more like you)

She included a sweet handwritten note
that I taped to the back.
After 21 years it's a little yellow around the edges
and reads:
"Thank you for being my friend, sister,
companion, listener and teacher ~
with Jesus as your guide."


What precious memories that card elicits!
You see, God gave us to each other at a very tender

time in our lives. We each had pre-school children and

she was about to become pregnant with her second.
We met quite by chance, in a park in the small town
of Winslow on Bainbridge Island in Washington State.
And although we exchanged phone numbers
that first day,
it wasn't until months later that
our Loving Heavenly Father
caused our paths to cross again.
Eventually, it was my great honor and joy
to introduce her to The Savior.


Since then, our kids have grown
and I have moved seven times!
She has come to visit me in each new locale and
has continued to pray with me and for me.

What a Precious Friend and Sister in Christ ~

I thank God for you Michelle!


Precious Ones,
May you be open to all the new friendships
God has in store for you.
Blessings and HUGS today and always!

A Friend loves at all times.
Proverbs 17:17

3 comments:

  1. Oh so true Jess. Lovely post. Friends are to be treasured.
    Thanks again for stopping by my blog and always leaving an uplifting and encouraging word for me. God truly blesses us and puts wonderful people in our paths just as we need them.

    Hugs from Texas.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess, What a precious post about your long time friend!! A true blessing indeed! That is a great photo of you all, too!!

    Hope my computer gets fixed today. Randy took it into an IT guy at work!! I'm visiting friends, but would love to post!!

    Love ya!!
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica,
    That was a lovely post and tribute to your sweet loyal friend. Friendship is truly a priceless gift from God, couldn't agree with you more. It is neat how the Lord knits the hearts of his people together, some of course, more than others. I think friendship is bound by same values, life experiences you happen to be going thru at the time, same interests and goals, personalities, and sense of humor and of course, love and appreciation.
    I think some friendships last a lifetime, and I have a number of those and some are for a season, but they are both precious. It is wonderful to know that even tho you may not see or hear from a friend everyday, that when you do talk you just pick up where you left off, just as if you have never been apart.
    That is sooooooo neat to me. That is a real
    sister in heart and spirit. Glad you got to see your sweet friend. That was a lovely pic
    of all of you!!
    Have a great day,
    Love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.