Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Sure Reward

The Bible is full of God’s promises!


It is indeed His love letter to all of mankind.
Though many discard it as written by men,
they do so out of rebellion or laziness,
and to their own peril.

For truly those who take time to read it,
and ponder the character of God displayed in it’s pages…
gain an understanding of life and truth available no where else.

How vast is God’s love?
Can it be measured or matched?
How great is His sacrifice on our behalf?




For God so loved the world
that He gave His one and only Son
so that whoever believes in Him
shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

A verse in the Book of Genesis, chapter 15:1,
has been a continual comfort for me:
God told Abram that HE was his
shield and very great reward.”
This followed a battle victory and the offer of possessions as reward.
Abram refused anything for himself.
He wanted any reward (or credit for success in his life)to go to God alone.

What a promise to hear God say HE was Abram’s shield and very great reward.

Is He your shield and very great reward?

HE wants to be!

“Jesus, you are my shield and very great reward.
Thank You Lord for Your Word.
Your love and care
give me significance and purpose.
I praise Your Name.”

6 comments:

  1. I love even the SOUND of those words - my shield and my great reward! Truly, He IS to me. Thank you for the challenge. And I'm SO glad you are choosing to "live healthy". I am finding (as you are) great joy in this obedience. May He continue to bless your life and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh AMEN, Jess! He IS my shield and my reward. He's all I need, just give me Jesus!

    I stopped by Sunday and snooped around a good bit. I can identify with your posts and writing style. While I was commenting, my computer shut down, so I lost the comment. Oh the dangers of us Internet Explorer rather than Mozilla Firefox! I had accidentally clicked the wrong browser at start up.

    Anyway....

    Thanks for stopping by my blog on Sunday. I'm so glad it blessed you and pointed you to the Lord.

    Yes, I am involved in sanctity of life issues. It's a passon of mine. I have a ministry to at risk teen girls and pregnant teens. A dear friend of mine is the director of a women's enrichment center nearby and I make referrals to her center and also teach classes there.

    If you care to stop by again, I'm having a give away today. Please feel free to stop by anytime and chat!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post and incredible photos.
    Be blessed today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely post! Yes, Jesus is so much my shield and the best reward I could ever have in my life. I don't know how people could live in this world of ours with out Jesus as their Saviour. The shield of faith is very powerful. God bless, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess,

    I don't think there is anything more I can even add...beautifully said!

    I pray that all is well with you dear sister.

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "It is indeed His love letter to all of mankind.
    Though many discard it as written by men,
    they do so out of rebellion or laziness,
    and to their own peril."

    I suppose I am one of those 'many'. I don't discard all teachings but I am wary that it was written by 'man'.

    And since my rather long previous post was rejected that's all I'm sayin'

    Love,
    Xeta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.