Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dancing a Jig


Ever wonder what "dancing a jig" means?
Well, Webster's says a "jig" is a
lively song in triple time.

Sounds joyful and festive to me!
I love the account of King David
dancing before the LORD
to praise Him for His deliverance
and provision.

And I hope that my dancing days
are just starting up again!

Tomorrow, on the 20th, God willing ~
I'll be getting a new right hip.
I praise God that we live in a day
when diseased or injured joints
can be replaced and
quality of life restored.

I covet your prayers for a successful surgery
and safe, comfortable recovery.

Thanks so much and
Blessings to you and yours.

12 comments:

  1. Hey sweet friend.
    It is natural to be nervous or unsure about your upcoming surgery, but the praising Him and reading the Word over yourself sounds like great medicine for your soul and your troubled mind. I will be praying for you and a speedy recovery. Keep us posted.
    Hugs,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,
    Like that pic on the blog, and you will be up and dancing the jig in no time! This time could be totally different than last time, and you have all these prayers going up from church and now from your new bloggy community as well.
    Lord Jesus, may she sleep well, and be kept at total peace, and may the scheduled time not be delayed but even hastened. Guide the hands of the surgeon and be in the room and direct every hand and every instrument. May this be such a successful surgery that she will never have to have surgery again on hips or knees.
    Because We ask in Jesus precious name!

    Love ya Hon, See ya soon,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your surgery all goes well. have enjoyed visiting your blog this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Love how positive you are! And yes, you will be able to do a little jig on your own soon! I'll be praying for you. Hope you'll be able to update if possible. May the Lord be with you as you go through this surgery and more importantly may you be covered in PEACE that only He can provide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been praying for you Jess. I know the surgery is today. May the HAND OF GOD REST WITH YOU. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

    Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I need to point out that when I came here today and wrote my first comment, the 20th, I thought it was the 19th. I also need to point out that I'm sick with the flu and fever,etc. Was going through my blog list and when it came to your name I started to pray a few minutes ago and decided to come over here and see exactly when the surgery was only to find out it was this morning. I really hope all is going well and you're resting as comfortably as you can. May the Lord be with you in a special way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE YOU Jess, and am SO glad all went well!!
    I'm praying for a speedy complete healing!! Talk to you soon!!

    Lots of Love,
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been praying daily for you dear friend. Cannot wait to hear that all is going well. Don't forget to get that jig on video. We're all waiting! God bless you, and Tony too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious Ones -
    Thank you for ALL of your prayers!
    The report is that the surgery went really well, praise GOD!
    Now on to recovery, never fun, but a necessary journey. Please keep praying for health and NO infection. I'm doing my best to "get moving!" The palms of my hands are taking a beating with the walker but I know there is a a light at the end of the tunnel!
    Praising God for His goodness and also for blessing all of may precious Bloggy Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to know you're home! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO glad the surgery is past - and I continue to pray for no infection to set in, for your faithfulness in rehab, and plenty of progress to keep you encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so glad to hear from you Jess! I know that rehab is painful but you will be outrunning a good many of us soon I'm sure. Will continue praying for complete recovery with no setbacks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.