Thursday, January 7, 2010

Join Us for some fun!

Precious Ones ~
'Tis the week after New Year's
And all through the land
bloggers are scheming up new games
it really could get out-of-hand!"

Tara, my special bloggy friend, has tagged me
in her blog New Day New Seasons and challenged
me to search my photo files to select the 4th photo
from the 4th folder and then write about it, soooo....

Here it is:

This is a photo taken during Christmas 2007.

That was my Mom's last Christmas with us.

Oh, how she loved Christmas! She'd accumulate little

gifts for months and excitedly wrap and wrap and wrap.

Here she is soaking in the love

of her granddaughter, Katie -my firstborn.

I suppose these 2 ladies are the most influential women

in my life and that is saying a lot!

You see I have some very influential,

loving women in my life,

yet I suppose that family affects us

in a way that no one else can.

I pray that I can be the mother that

Katie needs even as she is a mother herself.

~~~

And this is an appropriate photo to share

because my Mom's birthday is January 26th

and though she is with Jesus now, she would have been

77 years old this month if she was still earthbound.

Losing a parent is such a profound life transition...

whether or not they "drove you crazy,"

it really is something when they are gone.

This life is so short!

May we live it to the fullest, praising GOD

for His continual Goodness and Love.

~~~

So, how about you?

Will you be "random" and pick the 4th photo

from your 4th folder and share with us?

May God bless your heart and mind and body

this new year and always!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful picture!!! And yes, even though they drive you crazy, it's a life-changing event. Hope your day is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture of your Mom & Katie! Thanks for sharing! So....about the "4th File"...How do I find that??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew my sweet friend would accept the challenge. Great post too! Sweet photo of your mom and daughter. Love the poem. You are such a hoot yourself.
    Hugs!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet Jess...heartwarming photo of them both.
    You are a great Mom!! I know that for sure!!
    Love you,
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious picture, Jess. I still have my mom with me, but in 2007 my dear beloved grandmother, whom I treasured, went to be with her Lord. I do miss her ever so much, but I do have a ton of wonderful memories about her. = )

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving a warm comment. You are in my prayers... when will your surgery be taking place?

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Jess...you are the best! The only one to take on my "Tag" challenge. Thought it would be a fun change in the bloggy world. Guess not. LOL... Oh well, on to other things.
    Hugs,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.