Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oh My, An Octopus!



Here's WHAT I found on my coffee table,
hiding under some cards and papers...

Grandmas can be very silly can't they?
I suppose it comes with the territory.
And I must admit that I get a charge out of myself!!!

Now, if you are a LDG (Long Distance Grandma)
then you will most definitely relate ...
Each year, when I pack up Christmas,
reflecting on the precious time spent with family,
my heart overflows with thankfulness
that GOD would give me such wonderful
children to love.

And now, with the added blessing of a grandson
life has become so ... surprising.
Uncovering the tiny rubber octopus
brought my Kentucky grandson so close again!

A little boy to read to and wrestle with.
A little imp to cuddle and giggled with.
A mini-soldier always ready to fight the "Bad Guys."
A budding artist and sculptor..."where's the Playdoh?"
An inventor and junior race car driver.
A buddy to watch cartoons and movies with.
A JOY to my day
(no matter what's happening)
when he chimes into the phone "Hi CITA!"

Now, will I leave this little black creature on the table
for eight months like I left the lone cheerio
in the kitchen after the Christmas he was almost 2?

Be still my heart and Thank You GOD
for the love of Family!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beautiful!!
    Sure love how you write, my friend!! What a fun discovery! Praying that it just warms your heart each time you see it!!! So precious!

    Love you and am looking forward to some time together!!
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,
    What a sweet post. Those lil reminders are such precious things to us Mom's and G-ma's,
    don't know so much about the G-ma part yet, but can only imagine since we are crazy about our Grandaughter dogs! guess we are gonna Mother and Grandparent something. Course, I think it is because they belong to our beloved children!! It is a link to them!!
    Leave it out.........it will bring you joy everytime you see it!! Just like saving the phone messages!! lol
    Love ya, Nellie
    It's in our DNA I think! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet! I would leave it where you can see it often. Don't have any grandbabies yet, but I love my great niece and nephews to pieces.
    Hugs,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all the ladies....leave that little octopus out in a special place! Ahhh....the good old days of Lego's...remember how Michael and Daniel used to love to create new things with those wonderful Legos! Now little Amos gets to enjoy them too....How special!
    Love "catching up" with you on your blogsite!
    Hugs-------Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.